Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Attn: First gen guys...

Originally posted by Hotshoe:
    Andy:

...It's amusing to me how you think my challenge is absurd. If you only knew. LOL
    I'm not the one questioning my motives. Like I told you....My car is in the trailer.

If I only knew what? How great you are? Listen, a top 1st gen is no match for a top second gen. PERIOD. If your point is to embarrass me on your home track, I don't see how that is AT ALL relevant to the topic at hand. I just don't get it. Shall I invite you up to one of my tracks? If you want to bring a knife to a gun-fight, you are more than welcome.

...And the results from Roebling Road at the SIC are from a Split Start race. I was in traffic every lap.( So I guess you can call that an anomaly )

...Earlier this year I passed Mike V. at Roebling Road and finished the race at the front. Our score between us is 3 to 2 in Mike's favor. (And we do keep score)

...I can see where this is going, and despite what I say, you will only see the side of this that suits your cause.

Not at all. This is LITERALLY the first bit of imperical data you have provided. I respect how quick Mike is as a driver and how the development of the car is coming. If you and he are even in wins, it gives me a much better idea of the perfromance envelope you are playing inside rather than just saying you can win in ITA. It would be great to see you and Mike run against Stretch and Serra to see how the cars actually stack up. My guess is not well yet (for Mike) and not well for the 7.

<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">...I would prefer to be in a class where my car has to be at the limit. Because I know what will happen if the car is put in ITB. I can hear it already.</font>
    I respect this statement wholehardedly. It would NOT be the right move IF the cars could compete at a less than 100% development level. The point would be to make car a contender, not a dominator. Can it be done with 6" wheels and more weight? Many think so - you don't? If you don't, that is more than fine. I hear you.

AB

------------------
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region, R188967
    ITS RX-7 and ITA project SM
    www.flatout-motorsports.com

[This message has been edited by Andy Bettencourt (edited November 15, 2004).]

Andy:

....Before you get your lug nuts to tight let me explain something that I have been trying to get you to see.

....Tracks favor different cars and drivers. CMP is a good track for my car. Road Atlanta is not. A 2nd Gen RX7 has to be pretty much "Game On" to do well at CMP so I figure I might have a chance of proving my point.

....On the other hand..... take me to Lowes and I will only see you at the start.

....The way I see it, The 1st gen RX7 is a hard car to class. Any track that has it climbing an elevation kills it. And a flat track like CMP gives it a chance. So it is not only the car, it is where you race it that also needs to be considered into the equation.

The way I see it, The 1st gen RX7 is a hard car to class. Any track that has it climbing an elevation kills it. And a flat track like CMP gives it a chance. So it is not only the car, it is where you race it that also needs to be considered into the equation.
    Rick, so what would you do if you were king? You can't have it in "A" some regions and "B" others, can you?

In an earlier post, I asked:

IF the 1st gen Rx7 were to be moved to B on 6" wheels with another 100-200# added AND your region kept IT7 with its' current rules and run group, would you then support the move and continue to race in IT7?

Quick:

....Sorry about not answering your question I was trying to calm the waters a little.

...Now as far as being King....No thanks... I'm not diverse enough, to much of a gear head...LOL

...The answer to your question is: Not going to happen. The SEDiv gave us IT7 on the condition that we ran under ITA rules because "That is where the car is classed" If it were moved to ITB then we (IT7) would be moved also.
    ...The Atlanta Region would just as soon do away with the group all together. So to say the least, we are messing with a loaded gun down here.
    ...We enjoy our class and have a lot of cars that show up for most of the events but, this would give some of the stink makers a good excuse to do their dirty work.

...So now I'm back to where I started.. ITB ... No Thanks ... Been there, done that. Not a good run group down here. I've done my body work and paid my dues already.

Andy:

....Before you get your lug nuts to tight let me explain something that I have been trying to get you to see.

....Tracks favor different cars and drivers. CMP is a good track for my car. Road Atlanta is not. A 2nd Gen RX7 has to be pretty much "Game On" to do well at CMP so I figure I might have a chance of proving my point.

....On the other hand..... take me to Lowes and I will only see you at the start.

....The way I see it, The 1st gen RX7 is a hard car to class. Any track that has it climbing an elevation kills it. And a flat track like CMP gives it a chance. So it is not only the car, it is where you race it that also needs to be considered into the equation.

Good information. We haven't had any real letters stating how course-dependent the 1st gen car is.

What is it about CMP that 'limits' a 2nd gen car but favors a 1st gen?

AB

------------------
    Andy Bettencourt

Andy:

...CMP is a slower than normal (Sort of like Homestead) technical track. Rotating the car under hard braking and getting a good run off the corner is the key to fast times. Running wide and trying to keep entry speeds up (like the 2nd gen usually does) is the "long way around".

....That gives the tighter cornering 1st gen the advantage. And since I can use 3rd gear more, the car has better power off the corners due to better gearing and lighter weight.

Interesting. Sounds very much like NHIS up here in NE. It's all about the set-up!

AB

------------------
    Andy Bettencourt