Thread: Transmission bearing plate

Default Transmission bearing plate

Have any of you ever eliminated wear loosness in the three shift rod holes in the transmission bearing plate holes that the shift rods slide in ? What was the results ?

Do you do anything about the worn out teeth on the gear teeth on the reverse transmission clutch slider ?

Have Fun
    David

Putting together a trans David? The transmission of mine that never caused any probs finally had one and lost 5th gear on Friday's pratice at Brainerd. Yuck. John and I will be attempting to make uber transmission out of my spares now. Hope it's possible! How's the car?

***How's the car?***

Ben, just trying to get the thing up to some specific standard so the you & Bill don't have a whole lot of room to do that braging thing. From my one time out doing a Midwestern Counsel race practice sessions with the new stuff the shift points come a bunch quicker. I think I kind of hit a wall this year & could care less if I race or not. & at the same time I need to get two races in before the snow flys. Shucks, I forgot I'm retired I can go south after the snow flys.

Have Fun
    David