Thread: 1.8 ITS Miata's - Who's got 'em

Default 1.8 ITS Miata's - Who's got 'em

I am looking to see who might be running Miatas in ITS. Out of those people I am looking for some details about:

- how they stack up to other ITS cars,
    - how well developed the engine is and
    - can you get the silly thing down to minimum weight.

I drive one in enduros and I am curious about the performance & the minimum weight. (we're 100# heavy w/ small driver & no fuel)

One down here in the SEDiv, David Bryson is the driver's name I think. Not sure how to contact him.

So that's what happened to Bryson. I held the ITS record at St. Louis for several years until it was broken by him by almost .5 sec. He had it until the Bimmers came along.

Not sure if he frequents this board, but David can be reached at dzb "at" aol.com.

[edit: oops...I messed up the e-mail...I put in the "nickname" from my e-mail address book. sorry about that! ]

He is still racing the ITS Miata, but he's getting ready to build an FP limited prep Miata 1.6 to run nationals. Rumor is that one of Spec Miata prep shops is very interested in building one for him. Maybe a future trend for SM'ers wanting to move up?

MC

------------------
    Mark Coffin
    #14 GP BSI Racing/Airborn Coatings/The Shop VW
    Scirocco
    Zephyr Race Coaching and Consulting
    http://pages.prodigy.net/Scirocco14gp

[This message has been edited by racer14itc (edited May 28, 2004).]

I do visit the boards on occasion, but keep a low pofile most of the time. Running ITS in a Miata is like taking a knife to a gun fight. The Bimmer's have way to much motor for me at tracks in the southeast. Big straights at VIR an RA create such gaps that no amount of handling will compensate for. My email address is [email protected] if there are detailed questions about the car and it's potential.

As mentioned, I am in negotiations with a major SM car builder to push a 1.6 Miata in the F-production national ranks. I'll still be running my ITS car at selected tracks like CMP and Roebling Road.