Thread: Wheel Bearing dust caps

Default Wheel Bearing dust caps

Does anyone have a source for these? I'd like a couple spares, but can't find any online. . . the junk yard ones I've looked at were beat up worse than mine (if possible!).
    If not a source, how about the specs? What diameter did Mazda spec these at?

thanks!!
    Marcus

------------------
    Miller-Motorsports.com - Its always an Adventure

mazda comp has them in stock

Daryl

Mazda Dealership, they are cheap, i think i got two for like 10 bucks canadian.

Yep, that's where I ended up also. I now have two in my spare's kit, I should buy two more.. I am mostly worried about hub flex as a cause for losing them; I might be overthinking the situation., not sure the RA1/ Hoosiers generate enough grip to flex the hub. . . Anyone have a chronic problem losing these?

Marcus

Have lost 4 of them in the past 2 years.

I think the problem may be linked to heat and component growth. Why not put a little dab of high temp sealant on the mating surface of the dust cap?

I've seen them siliconed on. Safety wired on. Even had a little pin hole vent drilled in the center of them. All various attempts to retain them that appeared to work.

I've got pin holes; I might try some high temp sealant if I ever lose one. . .

thanks guys!
    Marcus

Quickshoe is right. Heat that builds up pressue in the rotors is just enough to pop those bearing caps off. A bit of loctite (red) around the mating surfaces have worked wonders for me. Haven't replaced one since I started to use that stuff.
    Ray