Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brake Rotors

Default Brake Rotors

Anyone have a source and price for front and rear rotors that you'd like to share?

------------------
    Scott
    It's not what you build...
    it's how you build it

At the risk of you guys buying out my source. . .

http://www.brake-parts.com/brake_rotor-maz...1985-parts.html

Marcus

------------------
    Miller-Motorsports.com - Its always an Adventure

Marcus, Scott or anyone else I have a question with reference to Brembo brake rotors. Marcus, not from your source. The brake rotors arive in a Brembo box. Great, good first step. No place on the rotors I received was there any markings that they were manufactured by Brembo. I was of the impression their stuff was manufactured in Italy. Stamped on the O. D. of the flange where the wheel mounts it is "Japan" & a part number. Not the same part number that Brembo shows in their catlog or that is on the box. Is that the same info you guys have found ?

Have Fun
    David

Brembo inquiry follow up:

I spoke with a person at Brembo about the brake rotor stamped with a "part number" & stamped "Japan" shiped in a Brembo box & he stated that the rotor IS NOT a Brembo rotor.

The correct number that is on the Brembo box is the same number as in the Brembo catalog # 25361. The Brembo person also told me that if the # 25361 was not on the brake rotor there would be a worldwide number 09-5630.10 on the brembo brake rotor. This number is for a 1st gen 1985 Mazda RX-7.

I questioned if they weren't concerned about someone selling something other than Brembo rotors in Brembo boxs & the response was. We would need at least one full time person to check out all the non Brembo rotors sold in Brembo boxs. Internet & other places. ;(

Have Fun
    David

ps: Marcus, what numbers are on your Brembo rotors ?

[This message has been edited by ddewhurst (edited January 20, 2004).]

This might explain why my "Brembo" front's cracked after three races. Thanks for the tip!

A lot of times someone like Brembo will have a seperate 'line' of rotors (lower than their normal quality but still up to OEM spec) that they sell as OEM equivilant in different packaging. Seems as if they may have skipped the packaging part.

AB

------------------
    Andy Bettencourt
    06 ITS RX-7
    FlatOut Motorsports
    New England Region #188967
    www.flatout-motorsports.com

That's a good question, I never really looked at them. The car (with them on it), as well as the spares are a couple hours from me. I'll see if I can get my crew to take a look at them. . .

Marcus

[This message has been edited by Marcus Miller (edited January 20, 2004).]

Marcus, I (we) look forward to your investigation of your Brenbo numbers.

To all, the Brembo guy said they sell driect to The Tire Rack. I will check with Tire Rack after Marcus looks at his rotor numbers.
    The supplier Marcus pointed out is $51 each with free shiping & Tire rack is $59 plus shiping.

Anyone else have Brembo information ?

Have Fun
    David

On the hub face, there are four detents around the stud holes. One has an '11' written in it, one has a '24' and one has 'min th 17mm'. The other is blank.
    There are no other distinctive markings on the rotor. I'll have pictures up later tonight. . .
    The box red with Brembo markings has part number FA54-33 251B written on it.. .

The plot thickens. . .

Marcus

Speed Raycer,

Sorry for the thread hijack...but you all may want to start this Brembo issue in the General IT Forum...a lot of us use this brand, and if this turns out to be something major, we can all benefit from it. Thanks for taking the iniative and keep the posts coming.

Alan

Marcus, interesting info.

The Brembo box that my parts house has is marked #25361 (same as the Bremdo catalog) & the O.D. of the flange where the wheel mounts is stamped "FA54-33-251B Japan".

My parts house has another set ordered that has nothing stamped on on the rotor flange. I presume the rotors will have the same cast in mark you talked about.

Stay tuned
    David

Year before last I bought from Olympic Auto parts (www.forparts.com). I bought 4 fronts (true Brembos) for an '83 (small bearing, which appear to be more expensive than the big bearing ones, which is the opposite of Tirerack's pricing). They gave me a price break to $40 each + shipping. I think their "list" price at the time was around $55. Had a nice mom & pop feel, and I have bought other items at good prices through them also.

I'll have to go back through receipts for the real phone number though as there are some similarly named places.

------------------
    Steve
    [email protected]
    <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/jake7140" TARGET=_blank>My racing page
    </A><A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/elrss" TARGET=_blank>Elkhart Lake Racing_&_Sipping Society
    </A>

****I bought 4 fronts (true Brembos) for an '83 ****

Steve, what told you the rotors were "true Brembos"?

Have Fun
    David

Theres no way I can go wrong with my $24 each price, change them every other race and still be ahead.

7's.... where are you getting them for $24 a piece????!!!!!????

crap; I guess I'll look forward to replacing them very soon. . . I'm glad (I hope!) no one acted on my source and got the knock-offs. . .

Time to go looking around. . . maybe try some from Tire rack, since they seem to be a legit source...

Marcus

Picts of the 'Brembo's' are here:
    http://images.miller-motorsports.com/brembos

Dial up warning! I didn't resize the picts, they are 1280X1024 -ish. . .

Marcus

There not Brembos, there just cheapies from my local brake house, B&D Brake supply here in Bakersfield,CA

****The box red with Brembo markings has part number FA54-33 251B "written" on it..****

Marcus, in your sentence you used the word "written". Do you mean the number was hand written or machine printed ?

I looked at your pictures & I find the instruction sheet interesting.

I put a message in the Spec-7 e-mail looking for more info.

Friday I am going to call a lady at Brembo who I had talked to approx 1 year ago & see if I can learn alything else. I am also going to talk to a top gun in RX-7 in Florida & see if he uses Brembo & what info he knows.

Have Fun
    David

ps: Daryl, the Brembo's the local house got are $30.00 & that is another key why I started asking questions. Prices from $30 to $59 for the same item comes of as tho something is not correct. Changing rotors every other event sucks. :-( Sooner or later one of those suckers is going to more than crack during a race. 8-(

Sorry David! It's machine printed as the partnumber, not hand written.

Marcus