Thread: 1st gen RX-7 brake discs

Default 1st gen RX-7 brake discs

Mazda Comp is out (permanently)of front 1st gen RX-7 brake discs & lets pretend that the junkyards are also out of discs. Which manufactures discs are you using, from where & how much $$$.

Thanks

David

Dave,

I have be able to get mine from NAPA along with the bearings, races, and seals. I do not recall the price but they are reasonable. I did have to specify whether the spindles were '79-'83 or '84-'85.

Bill Emery
    Glen Region
    ITA#23

I don't know what price range you're shopping in but you can't go wrong with Brembos from Tirerack IMO. No cheap Asian iron in these babies. Price always seems resonable on the other models I've compared. Quick look showed fronts for an 84 RX-7 priced at $59.

------------------
    Chris Ludwig
    08 ITS RX7 CenDiv

Aimco is what I used to use. Available at AutoZone and is probably what you will get from most parts store at around 40 bucks a piece. Some stores may also have Brembo OEM rotors which are rumored to be a little better.
    Ray

the ones im running are 24 bucks each, I figure ill put on a new set when they get rusty for that price.

The last set I bought were Brembos from Mazdatrix. About $70 a piece for an 85. They were put on over the summer. So far I only have 3 weekends on them.

I put Brembos on last time, and was careful to bed them in properly. The RF cracked after four race weekends.

...and by the way I have a pair of 84-85 Mazda rotors from a parts car. The have surface rust, but appear to be fairly new. Now, I wouldn't use them, but somebody might be interested in them as spares. Free if you come and get them. In Hilliard, OH.

eMail [email protected]

Brembo front rotors only. I get them from Import Auto Parts in Lakeland for $50.00 each. They last 1/2 a season when I do my magic formula on them and they have no heat checks at all. 1/2 season here are about 7 or 8 weekends of very hard braking. Have had no problems at all and always keep a spare set ready to go on the car. Will gladly share my magical formula for making the rotors last, but not here. If you want to know how we do it, email me at [email protected] and I'll send you the recipe.

(at no charge of course but shipping and handling will cost you a beer at the next social)

Mike Cox
    IT7 #37
    CFR Regional Champ 2000 & 2002
    CFR CES Endurance Champ 2001 & 2002

[This message has been edited by Mike Cox (edited December 14, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by Mike Cox (edited December 14, 2003).]

I've had great luck with HEAT TREATED brembo disks from Porterfield. I wouldn't use anything else. Price was comparable too.