Thread: Rx-7 rims

Default Rx-7 rims

Hi, I just bought a '90 Rx-7 GXL with an 8-point rollcage in it so that I can start ITS racing (I'm starting to get a little bored with autox). I just have an initial question before I start to build this car up.

What size and offset rims do you ITS Rx-7 racers use?

What kind of rims are on this car:
    http://www.improvedtouring.com/images/ITS/...S/atl_3_4_2.JPG

Thanks

The Kosei K1 is very popular. It's a 15x7 with a 38mm offset. Most have to use a 1/4" spacer with these wheels to clear in the front with 225 Hoosiers. I've seen a 27mm offset listed for Koseis before but don't know if they're still available.

------------------
    Chris Ludwig
    08 ITS RX7 CenDiv

A spacer? To clear what, the suspension?

One more question for you guys. Since you are riding on such small rims, and your cars are so low, what spring rates are you using and how much suspension travel do you actually have left? (especially in the front)

The spacer is required to clear the strut.

They do make either a 27 or 28mm offset wheel, which would eliminate the need for a spacer, but last I checked they only had 2 in stock and they were silver. They may have more now, that was quite a while ago.

I'm running the default Mazdaspeed recommended spring rates, 400/275. I'll be experimenting with higher rates during testing this offseason.

welcome and good luck!

PaulC