Thread: EP RX7 question

Default EP RX7 question

Is a 4 port 13b legal in EP. We are considering building a first gen as an EP car. My street car has the street ported 13b. We have a set of rules on the way, but I'm sure some of you have looked into EP and may have the answer. If this doesn't work out we have a second gen chassis waiting to be an ITS car. Any info is appreciated.

Eric

[This message has been edited by wlfpkrcn (edited October 31, 2003).]

4 port 13B is not to my knowledge legal in either car for EP. The 6 port motor is.

Thank's

I got the rule book last night. You can only use a 6 port 13b. Does anyone know of a good forum or website for E-prod? I would like to find some more info and ask some more questions. Specifically on intake systems and rough horsepower #'s. Thanks again

Eric

The popular prod website is www.coloradoscca.org/prodcar

I'm sure you could find lots of help for getting your car on track in EP. Just ignore the hysterical, political flame wars that tend to dominate sometimes...

Mark Coffin
    #14 GP VW Scirocco

I have a hard time ignoring all the crap on that website to find anything useful but like a bad car wreck I keep looking. I'm building an E-prod car as well so I'll be happy to share what little knowledge I have.

------------------
    mikey

Thanks guys,

Someone had already started the topic I was interested in, in the technical section. I also registered at the moderated site. Not as much traffic,but really friendly. It sounds like 13b with a carb is the way to go.

Eric

I forgot to ask What is a "dual y-type" intake manifold? Is that only a down draft manifold or does a stubby side draft work? I also have a RB U-shaped intake manifold with the dellorto carb. If I could use that carb and not spend big bucks on an IDA that would be a bonus at this point. I dont mind buying a stubby manifold.

Eric