Default What Airdam is this?

http://www.motorsportsimaging.com/SCCA%20R...es/DSC_5540.htm

------------------
    Scott
    It's not what you build...
    it's how you build it

[This message has been edited by Speed Raycer (edited July 21, 2004).]

Scott,
    It looks like the Xenon urethane airdam. I have one in my trailer...I left it off after about the third time it got ripped loose during agri racing or plowing kitty litter.
    Its design makes it more like a scoop so it doesn't flex enough when contacted.

Larry

Scott,
    It looks like the Xenon urethane airdam. I have one in my trailer...I left it off after about the third time it got ripped loose during agri racing or plowing kitty litter.

Larry

Scott,

Larry

Scott,

Larry

Scott,

Larry

Scott, the air dam in the pic is actually pretty good if mounted correctly as in the pic above. I've seen these mounted too low and yes, your car will become a high speed bucket loader if not mounted correctly I had one on my 7 and it survived all my offs, banging, launches off of curbs etc, all but the last front end impact. If it does happen to fall off and you and a few of your fellow competitors happen to drive over it, it will usually unwind itself back to its original form ready to do battle the next time. The center section is a bit floppy so I attached a battery j bolt from the center of the front lip to the bumper. Where to get one now? Ah dunno, but you could see if Larry will give his up since he's not using it
    Ray

carparts.com

The RX7 that I bought definately has one of these air dams. The previous owner said it was from "Erebuni". I have no idea other than that. I can tell you that the center has a bad tendency to sag, especially in hot weather. I strapped it so that the center is supported and holds it shape. I'm sure there are several ways to accomplish this. The nice thing is that it is very forgiving when loading the car on a trailer, which happens to be the biggest pain-in-the-ass that I have with my new car.

Wish I knew how to attach a picture.

Scott

OK, No one's right. That car belongs to my friend Jude Rudder in St. Louis and the airdam was made out of aluminum (the first rendition was tin I believe) by his buddy Scott, although in the picture it does look similar to some of the plastic ones out there

LOL... Nico??? It's Scott! Not the one on the rx7 in the sig pic, the one with in the link. The new airdam on our car is from ISC

------------------
    Scott
    It's not what you build...
    it's how you build it

[This message has been edited by Speed Raycer (edited February 12, 2004).]

Hey Scott... I'm a moron and slightly computarded

------------------
    Nico
    KCRaceware (816) 257-7305
    [email protected]

I believe you can buy the Xenon air dams from Victoria British. 1-800-255-0088.
    Part Number 95-829, $170. (fits 81-85).
    Check web or call for other models, years.

I ordered the one for my old car from carparts.com, nopi carries it as well, but their shipping was out rageous although they had a better price on it. I used a twist of safety wire running from the front to the bumper to support the front the i used a piece of stainless i had lying around to support the rear and also to create a low pressure area under the front, the stainless bolted directly to the factory undertray.

------------------
    Chris
    PowerTrip Racing
    http://www.geocities.com/ptripracing/