Thread: Engine Stand

Default Engine Stand

Will a conventional engine stand work ok with the 12a?(Groan)Transmission stuck in 4th gear at WGI enduro changed it out in hopes of running Sunday and started up and have an ugly sounding rap (if it had rods I'd called it a Rod knock) oil pressure erratic OUCH!!

The stand will work, but not the holder. Rotaries require a different type of support as the motor gets built vertically.

There are a number of pictures of adaptors online... I'd do a search for some pics.

------------------
    Scott
    It's not what you build...
    it's how you build it

<A HREF="http://www.pfmracing.com" TARGET=_blank>
    www.pfmracing.com </A>

Check out http://www.mazdatrix.com/toolmisc.htm
    I made my own after seeing their pictures.

------------------
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX7 #13
    CenDiv WMR

Let me tell ya about my engine stand.

http://home.insightbb.com/~cludwig2/wsb/me...06/site1046.jpg

Had my machinist make the adapter. I was expecting $20-40. He forgot about it multiple times. About 6 weeks later he says free! Cool. Go to HF that afternoon to buy the lightweight, $35 stand. They say they're out but they'll give me the heavy model for the same price! Double cool.

------------------
    Chris Ludwig
    08 ITS RX7 CenDiv

I made mine out of a piece of 3/16" steel I had laying around and that drill press thing that alot of people say is the worst tool they ever bought. I drilled a couple of holes to line up with the AC mounting on the front side of the motor and then drilled a couple holes to attach it to my engine stand.

If you would like I could send you a picture, drop me a line [email protected]

My 12A engine stand is in Marty's picture. the white one in the upper right hand corner.

Their cheap. The only problem is manipulating the intermediate housing over the front rotor bearing journal on the eccentric. A coordinated effort with an extra pair of hands is much appreciated.

I would build them on a table top.

The only problem was the gland nut on the end of the eccentric. Had to move the assembly to a milk crate and call over our HUGE friend with a HUGE breaker bar.

Cheers.