Originally posted by ddewhurst:
One of the guys that runs a 1st gen at Blackhawk Farms & other places in the CenDiv has a alum radiator that fits into the OEM location/mounting that has oil cooling within the water radiator. One radiator, not a stack. Ya hook up the water hoses & the oil hoses to the one radiator. 4 conections. I last saw him in May & am looking forward to see how it is working as the weather warms.

Anyone view these in the past?

Hvae Fiun
David
Any more info on how this setup works? I'm planning a cooling system upgrade for my 2nd gen, and this arrangement sounds pretty good.
I talked with Brian McCulloch who makes the Howe radiators, and he sent me the design for a guy from Wisconson (perhaps your contact?), and said he's built 15-20 more for others who've seen it - says everybody loves it. A little pricey at $570 with the heat exchanger, but if it's a solid solution to the oil temp it's probably worth it.

I'm wondering if I need to also run the factory oil cooler, or if the heat exchanger can handle the whole job.

Kirk, since oil coolers can be substituted, if I only need the heat exchanger, I can remove the factory oil cooler, right?

Thanks,
------------------
Marty Doane
ITS RX7 #13
CenDiv WMR

[This message has been edited by Eagle7 (edited August 02, 2003).]