Thread: 1st Gen Shock Recomendations

Default 1st Gen Shock Recomendations

I finally got the the Kitchen Remodeling done, well not exactly done but I put on my biggest pouty face for awhile, and I got to go to the garage to install my cool go fast coil over hardware. Turns out that my left Tokico strut insert is shot What to do now? Buy a replacement or upgrade to what?

Any advice is appreciated.

I will only be doing the front. Stock rear suspension with 250lb Springs 350lb in the front. With plans to go with the Gforce rear setup next winter.

Scott,

IMO the illumina 5 should be adequate for the 350 spring rate (I ran 400's on the same strut). Replace the bad insert. If you are going to upgrade, you need to upgrade the f and r to keep the peace.

250 seems stiff in the rear, especially w/350 Fronts.

I started 175R w/no bar but had issue with lifting inside front and bottoming outside rear. I changed to 200R. Rear roll center determined by GC panhard. That band-aid fixed my problem.

Happy tuning!

thanks,

illumina's it is should be here by the end of the week. The spring rates are what I could get on the cheap. I'm assuming the car will handle quite a bit different than last year. Installing camber plates, and replacing the eibach pro kit springs.

I certainly hope I can keep it on the track the first few laps