BTW...sorry I didn't answer your last question...

No you don't have to have any suspension mods completed...However, I highly recommend them. You don't have to spend a TON of money to do them, especially if you have jack stands and acess to an area to work on the car.

At a minimum you should replace your struts and springs with something "better." Spend your time while auto xing to find out what works best for the least amount of money.

I don't run SM so I don't know what Mods are legal so, please don't take this next comment as "litteral" to SM. Here is the comment...As suspensions go...there are MULTI (3,5, etc) way adjustable shocks out there that a lot of people run. But they are no good if you don't know what to adjust. Spring purches on the other hand are cheap, and can help you in balancing the weight of the car out. So buy your springs and purches first. Then upgrade your struts to what everyone seems to be using that is working. You'll have to pick the SM guru's minds for what weight springs work best. Don't go for some big name tuner kid springs...Find out what people are using and buy those instead.

Let me know what area your in and I'll let you know if I know any of the SM folks out there that could potentially help you.

Frank

------------------
Balz
#67 IT-7
www.balz.myip.org
"I live my life one Apex (seal) at a time"