Thread: running spec miata/help with wheels for ITA

Default running spec miata/help with wheels for ITA

Please help. I run spec miata with 15x7 Team dynamics 30mm offset with Toyo RA1 205/50/15. My partner who shares the car runs ITA. What is the lightest and best offset to use for ITA?

At times, since he and I switches classes, it would be best we keep the same type of tires (toyo ra1).

The car is 90 Miata. Thanks

Just find some of the stock miata alloys from the '94 and '95 (guessing on the years here) R packages....they are hollow-back spokes, and in the 9.5-10lb range. they are only 14x6, but toss some 205 toyos on there and have a blast.

Bowie

david, search or ask on the www.specmiata.com/ site.

Have Fun

David

is this the same as the BBS wheels that came standard on the 92 or 93 LE that weights around 8.5 lbs. My main concern is the offset.

When I changed from the Team dynamics old offset of 38mm to 30mm, my time improved.

Thanks

Those are not the same wheels. I do not know the particulars on the BBS wheels, they are 14x6 and are supposedly the lightest wheels that came on the Miata.

The 94-95 r package wheels look like all the other 94-97 model years 7 spoke alloys, only the spokes have hollow backs, making them a bit lighter.

The BBS wheels are 14x6 and $800 a set and are very rare. Not a good idea although they are a very nice wheel. The early (90-93)stock miata wheels are a seven spoke, 14-5.5 some are hollow(good) and some are not(ok) but are in the 12.5 lb range and are plentiful. You could also go with the later stock wheels(94-97). The 14x6 where in the 10lb range but are more expensive. And to answere your question about Spec miata offset they recommend the 35mm offset. FYI- The newest miata wheel 99-now where either 14x6, 15x6 or 16x6. The 15x6 would allow you to use the same tire as you Team Dynamics wheels at about the same cost though. Kyle