Thread: Motors from Mazdaspeed?

Default Motors from Mazdaspeed?

So we can all get good deals on parts but does Mazdaspeed sell crate motors directly? Can't find them on their website or catalog and hate to call just for a simple question. Anyone know? How about prices, specifically 13B NAs and 1.6L DOHC? Thanks!

Chris

------------------
    Chris Ludwig
    08 ITS RX7 CenDiv

yes they sell crate motors for the car you are registered to race. i know folks who have bought 12a's and lot of miata guys buy 1.6 or 1.8's
    give them a call
    dick

Sweet! Thanks for the info.

Chris

------------------
    Chris Ludwig
    08 ITS RX7 CenDiv

Chris,

I called Mazdaspeed a few months back and was told that the 13b had to be purchased through the dealer network. He did not disclose why.

If you can't find a deal locally, let me know. I will see if I can work something out here. A friend of mine is a Parts Manager here in Florida and promised me a good deal when I am ready to buy in the spring. I have another friend with a project RX7 who will be ready about the same time. If we can throw another engine in the mix, the price might improve further. Let me know.

------------------
    Chris Wire
    Team Wire Racing
    ITS Mazda RX7 #35
    [email protected]

Thanks Chris. I was really more interested in the 1.6L. I should have enough rotarys to cover me for the next decade (knock on wood! )

Chris

Chris--

My 1.6L crate from Mazda showed up about a week and a half ago. I paid $16xx for it delivered....right before the price increase.

According to their website, current price for a 1.6 crate motor is $2470.50 (was $1495 or so when i ordered mine at the end of October). So figure $150 or so for shipping. Yeah, they were backordered when SM folks found out about the price jump--

Part number: B61P-02-300 - LONG BLOCK, 1.6 (Inventory check isn't coming up for me right now....)

Jarrod
    Midiv SM #59

How'd you find that number? The search function of their site is kind of sketchy IMO. Just figured they didn't have the part number in the database.

Chris

------------------
    Chris Ludwig
    08 ITS RX7 CenDiv

Originally posted by C. Ludwig:
    How'd you find that number? The search function of their site is kind of sketchy IMO. Just figured they didn't have the part number in the database.
    Hehehehe.

It was painful.

Actually, I make a note of pretty much every Mazda part number I see as I wander through the Spec Miata (and other Miata) forums. I'm sure that's where I found this particular number....but I don't remember exactly.

There's also a spot on the Mazdaspeed site where you can download PDFs of their parts catalogs. I've used that to figure out a few more parts numbers, and I've found that every parts number I've punched in has come up. Admittedly, that hasn't been a TON, but it does seem to be pretty complete as long as you know what you're looking for.

I've tried to get folks on the Spec Miata site to post their parts numbers as they order parts (invoices all have the correct numbers), but it hasn't met with much success.

Such is life. Thankfully, the guys at Mazdaspeed know their stuff.

Jarrod

Yep, as soon as I rag on their site I go there andfind that number about 5 different ways. Really only interested in a short block though so I guess I can either quit being lazy or get on the phone. Man I glad we have those guys behind us!

Chris

------------------
    Chris Ludwig
    08 ITS RX7 CenDiv

If you check the Mazda Comp website, they'll sell you the micro-fiche for whatever car you're running. Think it was $11.00. Fortunately, I have access to a fiche reader at work, but I think most libraries have them as well. I just went through the thing and copied down the part numbers I though I'd need.

Makes their website much easier to use.

Originally posted by Aged racer:
    If you check the Mazda Comp website, they'll sell you the micro-fiche for whatever car you're running. Think it was $11.00.
    If you're a "team member" they also have downloadable (scanned images in a PDF file) files of parts manuals for 90-02 Miatas, 79-93 RX-7 and 97-02 Protege.

Jarrod