Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IT7 ARRC

With 2 laps to go Sam had the race in the bag before the 2nd place IT-A car turned him at turn 5. This IT-A car was subsequently protested for stupid driving. The protest was upheld. Sam still finished 5th, 4th or 3rd. Although we didn't get the win as deserved, I feel better having fought reckless stupidity!

Originally posted by RacinRich:
    Attila DQ'd? Henderson 5th? Illegal carbs? Please someone let us Northerners know what happened!

[This message has been edited by RacinRich (edited November 11, 2002).]

This was my first time to Road Atlanta and the ARRC. First off, I want to thank both Sam's, Stan, Brian, Frank and the rest of the IT7 group for a great time. The Friday nite party was great. The Saturday nite goings on took a lot away from what was otherwise a great time. I've never checked my carb so don't know if I'd have the same problem. My biggest problem was getting up to speed-I-was so slow I couldn't get out of my own way. Finished 9th but was credited 6th. Would like to go back but it's a 17 hr drive back to Iowa so probably won't make it in '03. I do plan to run some CENDIV events in IT7-maybe a trip to MidOhio. Would be great to see some of you again and meet some more of the CENDIV people.
    Mike Trier, #99 Silver

------------------

Mike,

It was great having you there. The ARRC is one of those "blow out" occasions (pun full intended) that usually brings a great bunch of people together. Glad we could extend our hospitality and hope to see you back in the future!

Frank

------------------
    Balz
    #67 IT-7
    www.balz.myip.org
    "I live my life one Apex (seal) at a time"

CHAP man your the MAN
    Gosh I wish I had your way with words when i was in the tech shed. I could only come up at the time with a few "What the HELL"and "Its supposed to do that" but that dident really help much at all. The ARRC was a washout as far as i am conserned. The rules can be what ever the inspectors want them to be. Hell if some one had enough money to tear down ever single car a the ARRC and i meen every car they would find some little thing that would be against the rules. The rules are enforced at random and never the same way twice. There are no inspectors that have any real training of such. Its kinda defeating when a 100k a year GT1 race team could get thrown out of an event because of something that a volunteer tech worker says in there opinion is wrong or against the rules. Its just the way SCCA does things and untill we all become rich and own our own tracks with our own scantion bodies than I guess thats how we will have to race.
    Thats my rant for the week.
    Sam Collier III
    Yellow IT7 #93