Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Horsepower?

Crack Monkey,

What motor modifications are legal in Spec7 in the DC region? Getting as much RWHP as they came with stock at the flywheel indicates that something is amiss. Perhaps the factory numbers are a little conservative and/or the dyno numbers aren't corrected or accurate.

In DC, the following is allowed:
    K&N (in stock housing)
    Coils, plugs, wires are free
    Timing is free
    Stock exhaust manifold
    Remove pre-cats
    Replace main cat with hi-flow
    Cat back is free
    Fuel pump, lines, regulator are free
    Clutch & pressure plate are free

Most of the cars probably don't have anywhere near 105rwhp. The two cars that got 105rwhp were some of the best prepared cars ever built for the series. They were dynoed at the same time and both made within 1hp of each other.

Hey Festus Long time no see. Are you going to make it to the ARRC this year. Hope to see you there.
    Sam Collier
    Yellow 93 IT7

my engine is making 137hp at the rear wheels. no porting ,just the right selection of parts. i am going to the arrc .but never been to rd.atlanta. a top 5-10 is ok for me. timing & carb. work make power but at what cost. you're on the edge on . rotary engine are very sensitive to temp. & humidity changes.be very careful. good luck.

137 hp? From the right parts? Like adding a turbo? The top engine builders in the country get around 120-125 from an ITA engine.

what makes them the top engine builders ??? because they do this for a living ?? or they sell the most engines?? i build and tune my cars and ask anybody in the S.E.div how my cars works. ihave been protested and taken apart and found legal.it take the whole package to win,not just engine.

Originally posted by rlekun:
    137 hp? From the right parts? Like adding a turbo? The top engine builders in the country get around 120-125 from an ITA engine.

Well, maybe Steve's dyno runs downhill!

(just a joke, no disrespect, Steve. 137rwhp is to die for)

------------------
    Jake Gulick
    ITA 57 RX-7
    New England Region
    [email protected]

Hey guys enough talk about who is an engine builder and who isant. Power is nothing without handling and brakes not to mention you just have to be one hell of a driver and know the track your racing on. I know Rd. Atl very well but my car is not quite up to par yet. Sam Henderson and Don Vincini are pretty much unbeatable at Rd. Atl not to mention Atilla Lucas and my self. I look forward to the ARRC this year but hopefully I will get to run at least more than one turn before I the car gets totaled this time. Hope to see every one there and lets have some fun !!!!
    Sam Collier
    93 Yellow IT7

good luck to all you guys at the arrc. one of my cars will be there #11. carlos and myself will be driving, maybe i can try to follow you guys and learn the lines?? but more important let's have a safe weekend.

Just another note on HP, peak numbers look impressive. Yea 137 is to die for, unless the powerband is from 5500rpm to 7000rpm. In which case I'll take my 115RWHP that pulls from just about 4000 to all most 8000 before falling off.

Originally posted by steve s:
    it take the whole package to win,not just engine.
    Steve, I certainly agree with that comment...the most gains come from what you strap into the seat and the 4" contact patch between the ears.
    But this thread is specifically about HP. If you're legally getting 137rwhp at the rear wheels (using a real dyno...not GTech!) out of an ITA 12A, lets go into business together.

7'sRacing Daryl, did you finish your mix & match motor project ? How many RW HP ?

Have Fun

David