Thread: Help:will I be racing this weekend at Nelson Ledges?

Default Help:will I be racing this weekend at Nelson Ledges?

I thought I was in the final prep. stage. While my wife was hitting the brake pedal and I was attempting to bleed the system, we could not get any significant pressure. Additionally, there was a unusual "whooshing" sound coming from the engine bay and the reservoir had large bubbles when the pedal was depressed. After repeated attempts and amplified emotions I noticed a small puddle under the booster and master cylinder. The fluid is running down the front of the booster (the paint is comming off). I have a new master cylinder in my spare parts bin and I have a new booster special ordered and ($173) arriving tomarrow afternoon.

Does anyone have experience with what I have described?
    Any diagnostic strategies?
    Does this problem sound like the cylinder or the booster?
    Any tips on removel and installation of these parts?

Problem 2
    Assuming, I can solve my brake problem, I have installed a fuel cell, new braided lines, and a Yaw Carb. I read further in his directions and I need to advance the timing to 27 degrees. I have not messed with the timing on a rotary engine. I have a standard Craftman timing gun. Any advice would be really helpful since panic is setting in.

Thank you.

Bill Emery
    ITA#23

Sounds like a bad master cylinder to me, brake fluid should never get anywhere around the booster, so I really doubt it's that.

I've heard several cases of rebuild masters not working from the auto parts store, I buy mine from Mazdacomp new, JIC.. Besides, they aren't that expensive from Mazda Comp..

PaulC

Thanks Paul. I am hoping that it is the master cylinder. I am going to change it after work.

Bill Emery
    ITA#23