Thread: cant find my camber

Default cant find my camber

with an 1 1/8th of turn in spacers 2 1/2 degrees of camber is all I get. time to go from 450 pound springs to 550 right?

Okay, so how come nobody will tell me WTF a turn-in spacer is???

I am beginning to think it is some kind of big secret but, c'mon - I REALLY DON'T KNOW!

Kirk

Kirk,

Not certain why they call them turn-in spacers as I can't visualize how they change the ackerman. I only 'see' how they can plot your roll-center in a better area when the car is lowered.

More info at: www.gforceengineering.net/products.html

about half way down the page are the spacers in question.

Daryl,

I would try it w/o changing your spring rate.

1) you've raised your roll center and therefore don't need as much spring.

2) One change at a time

3) I have not found any West coast road race track where more than 2 1/2 degrees negative was needed(faster)in a 1st gen.

All cars have various strenghts and weaknesses. IMO the Rx7 is a very strong braking car(vs. other ITA cars), too much negative camber hurt my lap times more than not enough.

thanks D, I would love to go down to 350's on the front cause with the 450's when you clip a berm it lauches you into the air. went for a wild ride last time out from that happening, spun almost up to the crows nest from clipping turn 4 berm at t-hill.

Kirk, picture those spacers bolted between ball joint and strut bottom. on a 7 the spindle is attached to strut cartridge and steering arm is attached to ball joint/a-arm so spacers farther separate the two putting the tie rod/ steering arm back closer to where they were stock before you lowered the car fixing steering geometry.

Ahhh. "Part of the strut assembly." Thanks for the help, guys - I get it now.

Slow Kirk