Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The time has come to force a change

racedude, I am in ITA now(1st gen rx7) and it would kill any known ITB car. sopac has pro7 so IT7 is out of the question. will probly go E/P if no change happens, possibly ITS 2nd gen rx7. just put a new motor in today that will be the real test against the hondas, cant do any more legally than has been done to this motor. we'll see.

I stand corrected. I just assumed you had a 2nd gen ITS RX7. But here locally, a few years back a fellow had a National level 1st gen ITA RX7 that was very well developed. It was a front running car that kicked some very good CRX's including mine. It ran a 1:18.95 which is our local track's ITA record. That was 5 years ago. The best CRX did a 1:19.01 and I ran a best of 1:19.58.

So, I believe a high level RX7 with a quality driver could hold their own with the CRX's. And my main point here is that we should be trying to level out the field by moving cars down, not up. Good luck chasing the Rexes!

You said it all when you said ... THAT WAS 5 YEARS AGO. Your "assumption" is correct, if you roll the clock back 5 years.

Balz

I think that I have been sympathetic to the plight of the RXs in ITA so give some thought to options that, if it does become necessary to create new classes, doesn't create one-marque classes.

I appreciate the allure of taking variations in cars out of driver competitiveness but the club just can't support a spec class for every make. We also limit the number of cars in any spec class by telling drivers interested in other makes that they can't play.

If IT2 siphoned off the too-fast FWD cars (Acura, Hondas, Nissans) wouldn't that return A to something like the status quo? There are other newer cars that are a better performance match to ITA-minus-Hondas-et-al, that should be allowed to play but the top end of the curve would go away.

Something to think about.

Kirk