Thread: Fuel Press. Regulator - Which One?

Default Fuel Press. Regulator - Which One?

I'm wanting to install a adjustable fuel pressure regulator on my 1985 GSL-SE (Mazda's first attempt at FI on the 13b RX7) I think I'm wanting something adjustable to or near the 60 PSI...

Does anyone have any recommendations about product? Performance? Realiability? Cost? Ease of Installation?

I'm more than willing to learn from others experimentation. Please send out your comments.

Thanks in advance.

------------------
    Allen Brown
    #36 IT1
    [email protected]

I have a Mallory and it's junk. Is very inconsistent. My next thought was Aeromotive. Expensive, pretty, etc. Figured it's gotta be good right? My guru friend says he's heard people say they're inconsistent. Soooo.....I dunno.

Chris

------------------
    Chris Ludwig
    08 ITS RX7 CenDiv

Contact Mike Van Steenburg at ISC Racing in Florida. He put a nice billet one on my friends ITS car, but I'm not certain of the brand. It was one of the tools he used when they tuned it on the dyno, so I would expect it to be a quality piece. You can reach him at (863)324-2742.

------------------
    Chris Wire
    Team Wire Racing
    ITS Mazda RX7 #35
    [email protected]

Originally posted by C. Ludwig:
    I have a Mallory and it's junk.
    I just removed a Mallory with a torn diaphragm. The cap screws used to hold the cap on had gotten it caught in the threads and pulled and ripped it.

Fuel was comimg out the vaccum reference line by the way, easy to look for. But be careful, if it's at 60psi, you could get a bath.

And it was a "pretty billet piece" it may be the type mentioned above.

Ok maybe I just never figured it out! How do you install a adjustable fuel regulator on an rx7? Are you making a custom fuel rail or using some sort of adapter and mounting the regulator somewhere else? Thanks for the help!

I plan on mounting my new Aeromotive Regulator on the firewall near the existing fuel line. Unfortunately I'll have to pull off the plenum to get to the factory reg. I'll unbolt the factory reg from the end of the fuel rail. Place a fitting to screw onto the existing fuel rail that the new fuel line will attach to from the new fuel reg.

If all goes as planned....