I started experiencing some overheating problems in the race on Saturday...got hotter than normal...but cooled back down quickly. By the way I ran all water with only Water Wetter in a stock radiator.
The last few laps of Sunday's race, I was tied up in a great battle with a fellow competitor and didn't notice until the cool down lap the temp gauge PEGGED on the hot side !! I'm guessing it went WELL OVER 250 . I didn't want to stop the car and stop airflow, so I drove gingerly back to the pits where it died before I got all the way into the pits. I let the car sit for about an hour, and was amazed to see the temp gauge was still high in the hot zone. I haven't had much of a chance to check the car out since I didn't get home until very late. I did try to start it...it turns, but sounds labored but won't fire.

Unfortunately I now don't know what caused the overheating...after Saturday's race I had to add quite a bit of water to the radiator. I saw no signs of vapor in the exhaust. For all I know, the overheating was a symptom of a different problem...

My front grill opening bottom got slightly bent in a incident last year...but that couldn't be enough to cause such a drastic overheating, could it? Also last year I had to have a small leak in the radiator fixed...is it possible that significantly affected the cooling ability?

My main question is, If I really fried it big time, what is the most likely damage components? Warped housings? Will it still crank but not start with warped housing?

I'm guessing I'll need a whole new engine...and guess what may need a new tranny as well....didn't have fifth gear all weekend!

All in all a very expensive weekend!

Finally, a sincere "get well" soon to fellow WOR region driver Rex Gunning! Rex was injured in a scary accident in FC. Not life threatening but had an upper A-Arm impale his leg. Word is he is doing well...