Hello everyone! Just thought I'd introduce myself. Name is Jack and I have an 85 GSLSE that I autox and use for open track occasionally, but the real news is a 87 RX7 base model I just picked up. Now I'd eventually like to get this car ready for ITS but that would be further down the road. So for now, I just want to build it up little by little and use this car at some open track days instead of the GSLSE. I would like to do some mods but do not want to find out it's illegal and have to go back and redo stuff all over. I dont have a GCR and I couldn't find any info on the past posts. Anyway if anyone doesn't mind helping a newbie out, here goes:

1)What interior parts have to stay in the car? I believe the dash is part of the rules. Anything else? How about the headliner, storage bins, rear hatch stuff, etc.

2)Can I remove the BAC valve, the thermowax, and the EGR? How about the double throttle plates in the throttle body? I know the 89+ intake is the sweet setup, but I am going to just make do with what I have.

3)Do most people run the six ports, tie them open, or remove them altogether?

4)Whats the most popular exhaust system used for these cars? I figure the stainless steel header from mazdacomp. Then do you go dual pipes all the way? Merge right after the header into one large single pipe? Or dual all the way possible to one single? What size piping is most popular?

Thanks for all the help, I'm sure I'll have a whole lot more questions in the future. I really enjoy this forum and have learned alot from reading the posts!

-Jack
[email protected]