Thread: My car is done!

Default My car is done!

For the most part anyway. Got the paint and numbers done. Goes to tech next weekend. Have talked to the tech guy and he said the main hoop dimensions we discussed before wouldn't be a problem. And I have to relocate the master switch. Enjoy!

http://community.webshots.com/user/rrxp689

Chris

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
    Daryl Brightwell
    ITA Mazda #90
    SFR, NORPAC

Chris, congrats & are you going to the St Louis school......

------------------
    Have Fun

David Dewhurst
    CenDiv Milwaukee Region Spec-7 #14

Congrats!!! Looks great!

Ours is getting close, but it probably wont be painted by Gateway. Luckily, we haven't started on the bodywork so it's still mostly silver

Hopefully, it'll be running this weekend!

------------------
    Scott
    It's not what you build... it's how you build it

PFM Racing

Wow! Looks great!

PaulC

Yes we're going to be at St. Louis. Got my entry sent in early so I can't back out. Can't wait!

Chris

Nice car - I just bought an ITS RX7 and had it done up right. Going to tech this Sunday and can't wait to race. Send me you email and I'll send you a pic of my racer.

Cheers,

Ben

[email protected]

Very Nice !

Looks fantastic, hope she'll run just as well as she looks. So as I'm building my car I'm tossing numbers back and forth for three months and even going as so far as to tape them off on the car 21 times at least, and after scanning the results and eliminating, every possible copy-able number, I pick... you guessed it...08. So I fax in my entry for my first race and guess what's taken...08,so my second choice was jokingly #1,and I got it, and I won the first event so I guess I'll keep it !!! Good luck "08's you" my friend!!! Rick.

Funny how the numbers just happen isn't it? When I was racing skis I used 689. Stole that from Eddie Hill of top-fuel fame. Eddie used to race drag boats and used 689 so everyone would know who he was whether he was right-side-up or upside-down. I was actually wanting 27 or 89 but both were taken in Cen-div.

Chris

Chris,

How is your Fuel Cell held in place? It looks like its dropped in from inside the car and the flange on the top of the can is fastened to the floor. Do you have anything else supporting the weight underneath such as brackets or straps? I'm trying to figure out how to put a new cell in...

Thanks

I just finished that part actually. The way the pictures showed it the cell was just sitting on it's flange. I used some 1 1/2" aluminum angle and made two braces that run front to back on top of the cell to support the weight. And the straps that go underneath the cell are bolted through the angle. It actually seem really stable with just the flange. But I wouldn't trust it that way for very long.

Chris