Thread: ITS wheels - offset? wheel purchase

Default ITS wheels - offset? wheel purchase

i'm about to purchase a wheelset for my '90 rx-7. i'm leaning toward the kosei k-1 wheel. i know i want the 15x7 w/ 5-lug bolt bolt pattern. but what is the offset everyone is running? tire rack has the wheels at $139/each. any place cheaper? since the car is going to be track car in the beginning (until late summer/early fall) i'm looking at the yokohama A032R tires in 225/50x15. advice? suggestions?

thanks,

mike

Stock offset is 40mm. I'm going for somewhere around 35mm on mine, push the wheels outward a bit. Tirerack has the best price so far, the only other shop I've checked wanted 700 smackers.. Hell no I won't buy those

I'd skip the A032Rs and go Kumho V700s. Hoosier-daddys are faster, but much pricier. Toyos are pricey, but last forever. A032Rs are good street/track tires, but not great track only tires.

This is based on my experiences as an open-tracker, not a racer, so YMMV.

PaulC
    88 RX-7 ITS/PS-1 under construction

------------------

thanks for the reply. actually, the reason i'm looking at the A032Rs is for track/street. using the car for track duty until the car is completely built (and for track time). so i will have to drive it on the street. btw, you car looks great!

thanks,

mike