Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help with yaw carb

no time for butt draggin David, 60 hrs to transit time, im a little worried about decible levels though, ran it with pass door open(which is where exhaust exits) and my right ear still hurts.
    Dave, I havnt had time to install g-force tri-link( gotta pull the rear end for top bracket welding) so I think I should raise the ass end up a bit or it might be a handful.
    yes i dug out my jets and bleeds and ill let ya know how it dynos out.

------------------
    Daryl Brightwell
    ITA Mazda #90
    SFR, NORPAC

Daryl- Assuming its a Dynojet you're using, take a spare floppy with you. Ask the operator to copy the runfiles onto the floppy. Then you can use the viewer from the Dynojet website to compare future runs, other peoples runs, ect. If you don't get it this time, you can always stop by some other time and get a copy.

Don't worry as much about peak as range. You need to fill out the top end as much as possible. 7900 shift point drops you back to 5600. If you get it close, the power at 7900 will be about the same as 5600, which will only be 4-5 hp less than peak.

Air/fuel ratio is going to start going rich at around 7200, and will just keep getting richer until you shift. This is normal, don't worry about it. You won't get rid of it with jetting, so don't deadend the session chasing after it.

Higher in the rear is safer until you get the rest of the suspension in.

Brother D!

I came back for a quick visit. Actually, I put a post about a cheap hot lap system for sale on the FFU (Formula Ford Underground)

Where's your school at that you are worried about the dB limit?

Re: rear ride height: Measure the distance from the highest point of your wheel opening to the bottom of your rear wheel (not ground). If you want to e-mail me off forum...I'll let you know what my set-up was. No guarantees, but it worked for me. With basic ground control suspension and an IT legal motor I ran official times at Willow and Buttonwillow less than 1 second off of Ron Haase's ITA lap records.
    1.36.9 at Willow and 2.06.2 at Buttonwillow.

-Daryl DeArman
    edited because I can't spell worth a she-ott

[This message has been edited by Quickshoe (edited March 13, 2002).]