Thread: 2nd Gen E Prod Engine Question

Default 2nd Gen E Prod Engine Question

I've been looking at the EProd rules for the past couple of days, and have a few questions.

What's the better setup - Carb or OEM Fuel Injection?

If a carb is the way to go, who makes an intake for both the 4 port and 6 port engine?

I was under the impression that street porting a 6 port engine was darn near impossible. Can you swap the rotor housings and make it a 4 port?

Thanks!

call Dave Lemon at MazdaTrix...

www.mazdatrix.com

Partial answer: No, you can not swap side housings and make it into a 4-port (I already asked them if we could).

Carb vs Injection: call back much later.

Just about everyone I have talked with is using injection. I would rather use a carb.

We ran the engine on the dyno with our first round of porting last weekend - we wanted to get some idea of HP w/port size, so we started "smallish". Results were ok, not great. The engine is apart for more porting, and will hopefully be back on the dyno in a few weeks.

I am hoping the 52mm w/38mm chokes "IDA" carb I am using will eventually make the HP needed.

Dave --

Dave...

Are you doing the convertable GenII???

Prod is my goal and as you say there's nothing better than racing a Rotory.

K

Yes, convertible

Bottom of page at: http://www.mazdatrix.com/faq/roadmain.htm

Work has now resumed on it, but it sat for the last year while I went off Pro7 racing (and also ran the same Pro7 car in E/P)
    http://www.mazdatrix.com/faq/pro7main.htm

Dave --

Are the cage rules in Prod enough to compensate for an already "floppy" uni-body?

msemmes,
    Go with the FI. Rivera has done both and said the FI was definatly the better. He uses the Wolf system as did Skirmantz. I use the stock with a modified ECU. So far mine has the most hp from the three public dyno runs that I have seen. Planning on going with the Haltech soon. There are claims of making more HP but they are only claims.
    Yes we are stuck with the six port but there are some four port motors being used out there. The six port motors are porting friendy but there is not a lot to gain from the intakes. and alot to loose... Dave interested to see what your testing has produced. Give me a ring.

------------------
    John W.