Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ITS RX-7s

Mike,

One of the benefits of building a 2nd gen. yourself, is that there is a great demand for a lot of the items you won't be using, and would otherwise discard. To date, I have sold my seats, visors, headliner, wheels, and more. I have recouped over half of my original investment in my non-running 1989 GTU. Instrument clusters, A/C logicons, carpet, and door panels all seem to be in high demand on places like Ebay. If you have the willingness and ability to box and ship parts all over the country, it is worth it.

I am building my own car for several reasons. First, I am not in a hurry to get back on the track. I have rented a couple of rides this year to retain my license, and now I am concentrating on my project. Second, I built my AS car and can't imagine doing it any other way. Third, I get more satisfaction out of the experience, even if it takes me longer or costs more money than buying a car already built. It will get even better if I can pass a few $30K Speedsource once I get there!!!

Good luck to you.

------------------
    Chris Wire
    Team Wire Racing
    ITS Mazda RX7

Hey Frazer, I emailed you so many picts of this wild cage I think I over loaded your rig... my mail said NO. I'll spend some time to really find the important ones and get them off tomorrow, I've got serios cage details, and a fuel cell install that is way too easy,light, and effective, and w/ a removeable bracket for diff. access. Let me know if you want a play by play. RP at [email protected]

While Buying a racecar is generally the best way to go, I'll play Devil's advocate here.
    I had a friend who bought a used racecar for these reasons. He got a great price on a car but unkownst to him, it had a cracked rotor housing, 4 unmatched shocks, shoddy wiring, an unsafe rollcage, and poorly installed braking system.
    The problem I see is that most peope who might buy a used racecar are probably novices. And with that, comes less experience in finding the hidden problems. It's easy to be dazzled by the fancy graphics and paint job and forget about the really important stuff underneath.
    Like buying any car, make sure you do a thorough mechanical inspection. You can just as easily end up with a Lemon.

Regards,
    David
    PENNYWEB/REALRIDE.COM RACING
    http://www.RealRide.com

ITS RX7 For Sale

With the past discussion, I hope this is not inappropriate. I made a new post to the classifieds and am in need of make some quick space.

This car is fast, sorted and dependable. Package can include car, open trailer, clean 89 chassis and lots more. Check it out at http://home.att.net/~jeffgio/index.htm

Jeff

Originally posted by RealRideRacing:
    You can just as easily end up with a Lemon.
    As one of the "buy it" guys, I have to thank RRR for reminding us of this. I like the strategy of planning ahead enough that you can hang out with the team from which you are thinking of buying a car, the season before you start with it. Ideally, buy it as it rolls off of the track after the last race of the season so you are assured that you are getting the good stuff with it...

Kirk