Mike,

One of the benefits of building a 2nd gen. yourself, is that there is a great demand for a lot of the items you won't be using, and would otherwise discard. To date, I have sold my seats, visors, headliner, wheels, and more. I have recouped over half of my original investment in my non-running 1989 GTU. Instrument clusters, A/C logicons, carpet, and door panels all seem to be in high demand on places like Ebay. If you have the willingness and ability to box and ship parts all over the country, it is worth it.

I am building my own car for several reasons. First, I am not in a hurry to get back on the track. I have rented a couple of rides this year to retain my license, and now I am concentrating on my project. Second, I built my AS car and can't imagine doing it any other way. Third, I get more satisfaction out of the experience, even if it takes me longer or costs more money than buying a car already built. It will get even better if I can pass a few $30K Speedsource once I get there!!!

Good luck to you.

------------------
Chris Wire
Team Wire Racing
ITS Mazda RX7