Thread: wheels for ITS RX-7

Default wheels for ITS RX-7

i'm starting to build an ITS car and was wondering what people recommend for wheels. money is an object, so don't go too crazy. =) some people have said kosei k-1s where light, strong, and inexpensive. thanks for your help.

michael frazer
    '90 rx-7

Michael,

There is a good thread on wheels under the "general IT" forum.

From my own experience, I started out with some American Racing rims, but found them to be too subject to bends/dents on the rim. I switched to Panasport ultralights.

If you're really cost conscious, steel wheels may get you by for a while and then later when you upgrade to something lighter, you can use the steel rims for your rain tires.

Check out www.tirerack.com . They had a closeout on some Borbet Type C wheels for $89 each! The sales rep said that they are only 1.5# heavier per wheel than the K1s. Better hurry though. At that price, I am sure they will go fast. I bought 8 just for that reason.

You can even put up a picture of your RX7 to see what they will look like.

------------------
    Chris Wire
    Team Wire Racing
    ITS Mazda RX7

Unless you find a smokin deal on the Borbets go w/ the Kosei's, I have them on my old car and I'm planning on running them on the new RX ITS car I'm doing... they are strong and light, but... they do bend on the inside from hitting curb edges really hard, but they do balance well even when bent .