Thread: side/rocker molding for a 1st gen CRX

Default side/rocker molding for a 1st gen CRX

the plastic rocker moulding on my '87 CRX DX is cracking and needs to be replaced. is there an aftermarket source for these parts? if not, is there a need for an aftermarket source of these parts (besides myself).

any tips? can i use SI parts or tuner parts, as long as the ground clearance stays the same?

thanks!
    hoop

------------------
    hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    White ITC Honda CRX
    Region 55

You don't need to keep those on your car if you don't want them (assuming this is on an IT car). As far as replacements, sorry, I can't help ya there.

yes, the car is an IT car. it's in very good shape, and i would like to keep it looking good. do you think it would cause a stink if i used the SI panels? i believe i would have to install the SI door's to make it look right.

i know the GCR states that it has to be "stock", as in how it would have come from the factory. so i don't think there was ever an carb'ed SI

Thanks!
    hoop

Hmmm, I'd say "no" to the Si doors and what not. Too of our racecars had stock rocker moulding. After a couple trips into sand traps and whatever, they come off and/or break. I got tired of dealing with them so I just took them off and painted the area they cover up black with a rattle can. Looks good and one less thing to wory about.

------------------
    Kevin
    Ruck Racing
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITC Honda Civic CX
    '85 ITC Honda Civic S
    '95 ITS Honda Prelude Si

http://www.roadracegear.com/marc.html

but then i found this on the net. i doubt someone removed all the injection equipment from an SI to turn into a DX... more likely the other way around. don't you think? of course, if i had a welder and was handy, i couild just weld in sheet metal to cover up the stamped metal in the doors and quarter panel.

hoop

I would check www.car-part.com to search for the parts used. Many search options available. You can also try http://www.hondaautobodypartstore.com/cgi-...uto-body-parts/

I believe the silver CRX is a DX model but is an 86 or 87 with the flush mount headlights. You cannot legally convert an SI to a DX (or vice versa) in IT since they use the VIN to decide what the car make/model is in the event of a protest.