Thread: fuel cell installation

Default fuel cell installation

If anyone is thinking about putting a fuel cell in a 04-01 integra and needs some pointers let me know. I am almost done with mine and while time consuming it isn all that hard. I am installing a 12 gallon Fuel Safe Enduro model with a fuel pump built into it. I installed mine with no welding. I can send photos also.

Yes I have been thinking of doing this to last longer during enduro`s so any info is good thanks.
    CRXsi 89 ITA NER Scott Haven cold and itching to drive.

yes, pictures and any info would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to see how you mounted it with no welding. A professional installation (cutting floor, building cage around the cell, bulk head, etc.) was quoted to me around $2500. I'd love to save that kind of $$$ if I can safely do it myself.

thanks.

Originally posted by p99ro:
    Yes I have been thinking of doing this to last longer during enduro`s so any info is good thanks.
    CRXsi 89 ITA NER Scott Haven cold and itching to drive.
    I looked at doing this last year, be during the 12 hour we were able to get two hours + out of a tank, I don't think the cell is necessary except for the faster fill capability. And taking into consideration that the pit stops have a manditory time period we were always finished with the fueling before the time was up.

Originally posted by MadFrog:
    yes, pictures and any info would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to see how you mounted it with no welding. A professional installation (cutting floor, building cage around the cell, bulk head, etc.) was quoted to me around $2500. I'd love to save that kind of $$$ if I can safely do it myself.

thanks.

Originally posted by MadFrog:

thanks.
    I will get a good set of photos and get them to you with a verbal description. email me at [email protected] so I will have your email. Anyone else who wants the photos do the same and I will send info. Subject line show "Fuel Cell installation"

Originally posted by Tom Blaney:
    I looked at doing this last year, be during the 12 hour we were able to get two hours + out of a tank, I don't think the cell is necessary except for the faster fill capability. And taking into consideration that the pit stops have a manditory time period we were always finished with the fueling before the time was up.
    I am only doing it for safety sake. These cells with their bladders can really take a beating.

thanks, email sent.