Thread: 94-95 Acura GSR Weight

Default 94-95 Acura GSR Weight

I've posted a request in the General Discussion section to contact drivers of the above mentioned ITS car to get input on the weight of the car. On my first outting this weekend I discovered I was 170 lbs. underweight. My feeling is that the weight should be 100 lbs. less than is listed in the ITCS. You can call me anytime at 913 484-5510 or reply here. Thanks.

I agree that the weight should be at least 100 lbs less. I have a 98 GSR and ran into the same problem. We also run a SSB GSR and it only has to weigh 30lbs more!?!

[This message has been edited by BVinson (edited September 09, 2004).]

I would agree. We are running a 95 GSR as an ITS and with helmet cooling, video recording and over sized fire bottle. We still have to add 100 lbs of lead and cannot finish with less than 1/2 tank of fuel in the car unless my fat partner finish the race. Then we can finish with a 1/4 of a tank. I had heard talk of Honda starting a petition to change the weight.

WHAT?!?

Why do you guys think that the weight you CAN get down to SHOULD be the minimum weight?

We add about 50lbs to the RX-7 AND run a full tank of gas. Should the RX-7 be allowed a 2500lb minimum weight?

The bottom line is that the GS-R's weight is exactly where the ITAC and the CRB wants it, in a non-E36-based world.

AB

------------------
    Andy Bettencourt
    ITS RX-7 & Spec Miata 1.6 (ITA project)
    New England Region R188967
    www.flatout-motorsports.com