Thread: Axles and Clutches

Default Axles and Clutches

Where is a good place to buy Acura OEM parts? Preferably on-line. I blew out my clutch this weekend (at a track event)and need to replace it. WHile I'm at it, I am considering replacing my axles as they are the originals and my car has 90k.

Next year I plan on getting my competion license and racing. Should I be concerned with these components breaking?

Thanks, Ross Atwell

------------------
    My car is so fast it's broken!

for acura parts i use

www.acuraautomotiveparts.net

i don't think they're actual acura/honda part #'s but they do have the part schematics which is nice.

As for axles, I wouldn't bother with the dealer. Rebuilds usually do fine, especially for IT trim cars. I usually get mine at Autozone. They have a lifetime warranty. A lot of racers tend to use the autozone rebuilds also. No need to get brand new ones from Acura.

If you do not want rebuilds at all as an alternative I would suggest www.raxles.com
    They are brand new and most likely cheaper than OEM.

s

Originally posted by stevel:
    As for axles, I wouldn't bother with the dealer. Rebuilds usually do fine, especially for IT trim cars. I usually get mine at Autozone. They have a lifetime warranty. A lot of racers tend to use the autozone rebuilds also. No need to get brand new ones from Acura.
    AutoZone also carries new axles that run about $100 for most cars(no core exchange) and also has the lifetime warranty. Just don't go in there and brag about your racecar if you need to exchange one . For all other parts, clutches, hubs bearings, etc., go to your local Honda/Acura dealer.
    Ray