Thread: OBD2 to OBD1 conversion harness

Default OBD2 to OBD1 conversion harness

Now that more and more OBD2 cars are eligible for IT, has anyone talked to the SCCA to get clarification on the "no modification to the stock wiring harness" rule? It seems to me that it would be in the best interest of the IT classes to make ECU modification as cheap as possible and that means on Honda's using and OBD1 ECU. Which requires a harness like this:
    http://www.lightningmotorsports.com/images...kunkharness.jpg
    or a lot of custom ECU board soldering work to rework the OBD1 board to have OBD2 couplers. If nothing has been mentioned in the past about this, where would I start at trying to get the National office to address it?

Jeremy

As much sense as that makes, Jeremy, I have a hard time picturing the CB revisiting that issue. I think that it's widely held that the rule - as originally written - had some unintended consequences and falls short of accomplishing the stated desired outcome. However, there is going to be a tendency to dig in heels and restate that the "rule is clear as written."

This is NOT to say that it isn't worth a try...

K

from Hondata's website:

"Hondata has OBDI P28 ECUs modified with OBDII connectors. These plug straight into an OBDII vehicle with no adapter harness necessary. Available with OBDII A (96-97) and OBDII B (98-00) connectors."

Don't know if it's legal but it's the closest thing you'll find. And for the price it seems to be pretty close to cost of a harness and obd1 ecu.

www.hondata.com

by the way if anyone needs custom chips burned for obd1 ecu's let me know.

i'll have to dig to find a program for the D series engines but I can sell you the program and chip burned already. I can get the reburnable chips and the one time burn chips.

steve