Just finished doing some work on my 86 carbed motor, which included replacing the oil pan due to beat up drain plug threads. Well, after finishing the entire motor I went to replace the pan with a spare that looked exactly the same as the old one. But when I tried to place the pan on the block, the pick-up would not let the pan to fit properly. Went to the spare motor and took of the pick-up to compare. Yep, the pick-up off the old motor was about .1/4 inch shorter than the one on my good motor. Due to time and money constraints, I installed the shorter pick-up and torque down the oil pan. My question is...does this make a difference? Both pick-ups were identical, but one longer than the other. I hate to have a problem that could have been solved by finding the correct oil pan to fit the pick-up on the motor. My hypothesis is that the previous owner installed a si or other Honda (1.6?) pick-up and pan for some extra capacity and I am just replacing with the original parts for the motor? Any thoughts?