Thread: To keep the orig. rear sway bar or not?

Default To keep the orig. rear sway bar or not?

I bought an ADDCO rear sway bar that is 3/4". The instructions do not indicate if the stock sway bar should be left in or taken out. I don't want the back end going out too quickly on me. At the same time, I am installing a new suspension (springs - 400 lbs in front and 600 lbs in rear). Previously I was using my stock suspension. What do you think I should do about the rear bars?

The answer is that you completely remove the stock unit and replace it with the ADDCO kit. The instructions will tell you what to reuse as to the hardware.

------------------
    Grandpa's toys-modded suspensions and a few other tweaks
    '89 CRX Si-SCCA ITA #99
    '99 Prelude=a sweet song
    '03 Dodge Dakota Club Cab V8-Patriot Blue gonna tow

Here's some info. I should have previously included. It is for a 1987 Honda Prelude si. I am keeping the stock front sway bar in for now (it is really a pain to take out). With this in mind, should I still take the orig. sway bar out?

Take out the original rear bar, and install the thicker ADDCO. You can leave the front stock bar in (don't replace it with a larger one). If you have adjustable shocks in the rear, you can control how much over or understeer to dial in, because the biccgger rear bar will make the car a little tail happy.