Thread: Belated Congratulations B Martinez. ie ARRC

Default Belated Congratulations B Martinez. ie ARRC

As we know the ARRC is one race of the year where you can prove your ability without question, with close technical inspections by fellow competitors and officials alike a good finish here is a true comparison of where you rank with the nations top IT drivers. Mr Martinez mixes it up with ITS drivers in his ITA CRX on a regular basis with him coming out on top all too often, so much that some have questioned how that could be. Bernardo Martinez put all that to rest with a respectable 4th place finish at ARRC and a 4th place finish in the 63 lap endurance race amongst ITA ITS and IT7 cars.

Belated congratulations are in order for your 2002 CSCC ITA Championship and your fine showing at the ARRC.

OH please !!!!! 7'sRracing you sound like a super nice guy but this is old news , well please ask Mr. Martinez why he just hit the back of my car ( the Yellow CRX ) at turn 10 and stole my position for no reason.
    I asked him that question at impound and he never gave me the answer.

Louis Boustani

[This message has been edited by lb2 (edited April 20, 2003).]

I just found my lost issue of sports car and saw his name in the ARRC results, not being sarcastic or anything but, did you park in front of him going into the corner making it unavoidable? was he coming up you very quickly and how comparable were your lap times with his. these things do happen as maddening as they are. he should explain himself although sometimes its better to leave it alone than to offend someones cornering speed further agravating them. anyway, how did you end up doing louis? ill be at the next CSCC regional with my ITA 7.

------------------
    Daryl Brightwell
    ITA RX7 #11
    SFR, NORPAC
    ITA RX7 #77
    CSCC, SOPAC
    E/P BOTH SOON

Qualified at least second faster than him, and you know me I am not a slow driver at all, 2 lap into the race I was taking turn 10 and all he did is to hit me straight in the rear and spun me for no reason. I agree it is good for him to show up at the ARRC and do good for the first time and maybe he is a good driver but I was not happy with the way he hit me and you and everybody else knows that I am a clean driver and all the races I did I never touched anybody or even blocked anybody but I guess these things happens and you can not control them at all maybe he locked his brakes.
    That race we finished 5th I think, Alex rear ended a slow IT7 coming out of turn 4 and we lost the bumper, man I think I should never run that enduro ARRC race because the last 2 years has been bad for us, 2 years ago I was leading the whole race until I lost my exhaust at turn 12 with 6 laps to go and kissed the wall and last year we started 3rd and I got spunned and Alex lost the bumper and that was not good either.
    But give credit to Alex Muresan to finish 2nd on Saturday main race.
    My next race is codriving with Pinky Boles in his ITB Golf at Daytona next month, and I hope my EP Delsol will be ready for Road Atlanta Natinal in June to test and setup that car.
    Can not wait to drive the EP Delsol I bet it will be a blast, should be after all the money I put in it

Again it was long time ago with Martinez incident and trust me I forgot about it until you reminded me of it lol

Louis

wow, i guess i was dreaming cause i spoke to a couple of people in impound your crew chief who, was really pissed. and then later i spoke with you and apologized. as far as locking my brakes up i was definitely on the gas when i hit you, but you were trailing your brakes missing the apex just in case you forgot. i never did meet alex and he did drive really well in the sprint i never saw him make a mistake, unfotunately he got to see me make a few in his mirrors.

looking forward to your reply

b.

well B and louis, sounds like you'll both want to do it again next year and B, slow down little in practice for a lap when you go by me so I can learn some lines.

Mr. Martinez, you claim I was missing the apex than maybe I don't know how to drive and you do especially on your first weekend at RA.
    I will be glad to send you a copy of the tape to show you when you hit me, again this is old news and I car less about what happened but anyway YOU DID APOLOGIZE and that ends it.
    7'sRracing please don't follow me trying to learn my lines after all I raced that track over 30 times and won at least half of them and maybe still don't know how to drive RA. for sure follow Martinez he knows the track better than me at least he knows how to take 10a and 10b better than me.

LOUIS

[This message has been edited by lb2 (edited April 20, 2003).]

B, just post a clip from your in-car of the incident. Speaking of that, send me those copies you've been lagging on!

I with agree with Louis in this situation. Mr. Martinez used tactics to win on Sunday that were not appreciated by his fellow competitors. I hope he realized after the event, that even though he played dirty, we didn't do the same to him. I hope he will come back next year and go fast to win, and not use bumping and blocking manuevers accepted in NASCAR.

This is real Funny I know who you talking about. Ive seen him drive in some videos. Check this one out. Pushing a RX7 off the track.

http://www.connectedmagazine.com/dpr/i/arc...0Snow%20Plow.rm

More Videos
    http://www.connectedmagazine.com/dpr/archive_media.htm

Originally posted by metalworker:
    I with agree with Louis in this situation. Mr. Martinez used tactics to win on Sunday that were not appreciated by his fellow competitors. I hope he realized after the event, that even though he played dirty, we didn't do the same to him. I hope he will come back next year and go fast to win, and not use bumping and blocking manuevers accepted in NASCAR.

Hey UltimateGSX, thank you !!!!!!!

Louis

Hold up a minute guys, I have been watching Bernardo race for two years on a monthly basis and have never seen him hit anyone with intent. think about it, your posting one video clip and labeling him a dirty driver for the whole country to see, thats bullsh-t. nothing in all eight of the videos from that site showed anything other than a agressive driver, which is one of the traits it takes to win in case you have forgotten. He may have been a bit smug in his response but ill race with him anytime...

------------------
    Daryl Brightwell
    ITA RX7 #11
    SFR, NORPAC
    ITA RX7 #77
    CSCC, SOPAC
    E/P BOTH SOON

[This message has been edited by 7'sRracing (edited April 22, 2003).]

The above clip shows the RX7 clearly coming in on Bernardo. It wasnt Bernardo who "wasnt holding his line".

7's, i dont know why you even started this thread, but i think its time to lock it.

I agree, it's unfair to pass judgment on someone you don't know based on just one or two videos. For all we know, the hit in the IT7 clip was not intentional and the driver who initiated it (instead of being patient for one more turn) also regrets it. Nevertheless, it was a hit that was completely avoidable IMO, as was the hit on our car that lb2 is referring to. Being “very aggressive” can never be an excuse.

"as far as locking my brakes up I was definitely on the gas when I hit you, but you were trailing your brakes missing the apex just in case you forgot"

I guess we all are free to chose the way we race (to a certain degree), but generally speaking, IMO just because someone is trailing his/her brakes and/or missing an apex is no where near enough justification to *hit* them. That's at least what this statement implies, but I hope I just interpreted it wrong.

I've only started racing in Feb '00, but have been involved only in three car to car contacts of any kind (rubbing, etc.), all three of course unintentional. I believe that if we actually try to stay clean, we can stay clean. But it all comes down to how much you try. The incident described above with me driving during last year ARRC’s enduro involved lapping a rookie IT7 driver (his first race) in T3 where we locked our front wheels together, sending us both into the tire wall. With the blue flag waving and seeing him driving off line, I honestly believed that he was clearly letting me by, but as I later found out, he did not even know that someone was around him. Even though this incident further hurt our already unfortunate race (due initially to the early T10 incident), I did not hesitate to find the IT7 driver as soon as I finished my stint to *apologize* myself for not being more patient. But to my (pleasant) surprise, the IT7 driver was actually the one who started apologizing profoundly for the incident and hoped that I was not mad. He said that this was his first race and it was all a little too overwhelming, and so he just did not check his mirrors (or the corner stations) also due to the sun in T3. After that we talked and laughed for another 20 minutes or so and became buddies. And that’s what it’s all about.

Moral of this story is that our actions both on and off the track are very much under our control. Those who *want* to be clean drivers, can be clean drivers, while those who do not, well...

The racing we're doing in IT is all for fun, and it should not have a place for people who don't strive their best to be clean drivers ABOVE all else - yes even above winning! Lets all learn something from all this. Have a great day.

------------------
    Alex

Tyson "7's, i dont know why you even started this thread, but i think its time to lock it"

Geez Tyson, all I did was congratulate him on his trip to ARRC, how was I supposed to know this would happen. and only moderators can lock threads.

Originally posted by 7'sRracing:
    Tyson "7's, i dont know why you even started this thread, but i think its time to lock it"

Geez Tyson, all I did was congratulate him on his trip to ARRC, how was I supposed to know this would happen. and only moderators can lock threads.
    No one knew a congratulations would turn into this...what I think Tyson was referring to was that the congratulations is almost 6 months belated. Not a big deal

cool, no prob. I have just been out of the loop for a while with a new job and now, finally, I get to take my new car out and race it and I saw the results and since im going to be racing in both regions that B runs I thought it would be a nice gesture to say good job. I should have known better to open any doors on this site, sorry B.

Originally posted by UltimateGSX:
    This is real Funny I know who you talking about. Ive seen him drive in some videos. Check this one out. Pushing a RX7 off the track.

<A HREF="http://www.connectedmagazine.com/dpr/i/archive/video-clips/Video%2002%20Snow%20Plow.rm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.connectedmagazine.com/dpr...Snow%20Plow.rm[/ URL]

More Videos
    [URL=http://www.connectedmagazine.com/dpr/archive_media.htm]http://www.connectedmagazine.com/dpr/archive_media.htm</A>

that punt was in T6 at Sears Point aka the carousel. notice the closing speed of B... did the 7 not see B coming or perhaps he was moving in to protect the inside line?! anyway, B could not really have done anything in that situation. if you watch the clip carefully B close in behind the 7, then flick the steering wheel to make an inside pass, then the 7 came in (arguably at the ideal turn in point...). the call can go either way. a racing incident IMO.

i'd like to check out the ARRC clips.

good race craft lessions for me. :-)

[This message has been edited by GhettoRacer (edited April 23, 2003).]