Thread: NASA to Run Pro Course at Mid Ohio

Default NASA to Run Pro Course at Mid Ohio

NASA To Run Pro Course at Mid Ohio

The Ohio/Indiana Region has been given permission to run the “Pro” course at the Mid Ohio Sports Car Course April 4-6. The Pro Course cuts out the club chicane and creates a straightaway between turn 1 and the keyhole. This is the same course that will be used by Grand-Am, CART, and the SCCA Runoffs. “We are very excited about this announcement,” said Lawrence Mansier, Region Director. “This is an opportunity for our racers to enjoy the Pro Circuit, and for HPDE drivers to get out on the same course the pro drivers use.”

Registration is open for this event at www.nasaproracing.com . All makes and models of closed fendered cars are allowed, including professional and amateur racing teams. Racers will compete in many classes including the Vette/Viper Challenge, Honda-Challenge, Spec Miata Regional, Diasio D962, Super Unlimited, FFR Super Roadster, Pro Sedan, American Iron, and more. The HPDE is open to any level of driver experience, and instruction is given to novice groups in car and in the classroom.

Thanks Lawrence. Now let's pray for a dry weekend, with out snow!
    Does Mid-Ohio have a snow plow in their fleet?

Hi I was wondering if I could get the schedule for GTI I haven't seen it anywere, will it be running at midOhio?

The GTI Cup had not been a planned competition class for 2003 due to low interest. However, if there is enough interest in running this class, we will gladly supply the trophies. Otherwise you are welcome to come run in the Pro Sedan class that would fit your car. Is it an ITB car? If so, it would fit Pro Sedan 3. You would just need to put PS3 on both sides of the car and add the 4 NASA stickers for the weekend, and you're ready to go!