Thread: Best Place to buy panasport

Default Best Place to buy panasport

where is the best place to buy panasports 14X7 for a honda crx?

any help greatly appreciated.

if anyone has any used ones, let me know ill buy.

King Motorsports sells them or you can go to K Speed for pretty good prices.

I was lucky enough to find mine right here on this site. My suggestion, if you're not in a hurry, is to search every classifieds section you can find relating to racecars. Don't just look for panasports, look for whole race cars being sold. Often these include extra sets of wheels, and the seller may be willing to separate parts from the group for the right price. I frequently (relatively) see ITC civics and ITA CRXs/RX7s being sold with 8 or 12 *extra* wheels. When you find them, be quick about it. There aren't many 14x7s available, as I'm sure you know.

------------------
    '88 CRX Si - ITA/PS2 road racer: Handles like it's on jack stands
    '98 ITR #0231 - DS autocrosser: Handles like I sold it
    '02 Jeep Grand Cherokee - daily driver/tow vehicle: Handles like a jumping castle

I got some from K Speed last summer. They got them to me in less than a week.

FWIW, Stay away from OPMD! (not OPM) I had to get my credit card company to get my money back after two months of waiting for wheels that never got delivered.

If you're patient you can probably find some in a classified add somewhere. I just picked up five 13"x6" Panasports with four good tires for my ITC Civic. I won them on an eBay auction and got them sent to my front door for $275! They were pretty dirty but all very straight and balanced. After a lot of elbow grease, they look almost brand new!

------------------
    Kevin
    R2 Racing
    ITC Civic
    ITS Prelude

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Where is the best place to buy panasports 14X7 for a honda crx?</font>
    http://www.midatlanticmotorsport.com/panasport_ul_.htm has them too.

Jeff

I bought mine at Discount Tire Co. for $10.00 less per rim than K Speed. I went ahead and purchased 4 hoosiers as a tire rim set and saved even more.

Good luck
    Duncan

[This message has been edited by DUNCAN (edited January 10, 2003).]

I'll back Duncan up on this one. I actually posted it in the Bargain Shopper forum awhile back.

Discount beat the best price I could find, and got the tires cheaper too. Good folks, if you can develop a relationship!

-Tom

Originally posted by abower1:
    where is the best place to buy panasports 14X7 for a honda crx?

any help greatly appreciated.

if anyone has any used ones, let me know ill buy.

A couple things to check are whether the wheels from K Speed and/or Discout tire the "Ultralight" version? They have a big weight savings vs std Pannasports. Also are they clearenced for the '91 brake caliper bracket? My experience is that the wheels for '88s will hit the later '91 bracket. King offers for extra ($15?) to clearence the wheels to clear the caliper.

cheers

ph.# 866-438-3966 is Street-N-Track Autosports, my company.
    The UltraLights are the only version available anymore from Panasport, the old light is discontinued, and sometimes it takes up to 6 weeks to wait for the next "boat" load to arrive in LA.
    I am a dealer for them if you want to discuss price and what's available currently, call me.
    chris

FYI - K Speed went out of business last week.

Hey Kevin - You're Welcome

Scott, who will now actually have the ITC car he planned to get last month and wishes he hadn't pointed Kevin to those Panasports.

Is the "Discount Tire Company" you guys are talking about the national chain or a local place?
    I have a "Discount Tire Company" shop that just went up a few miles from my house.