Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GSR's versus Z cars and E36's

Scott, sign my name to that letter.

Ron Cramer

#55 ITS-GSR Oregon division.

CATCH 22 look who is talking at least I am still 20 lbs. less than you !!!lol!!! as for getting the car to the minimum weight well I have to let you guys find out the track, you will be surprised with the number. Scott Call me 1-888-346 7266

Louis B.

[This message has been edited by LTBMotorsports (edited November 20, 2002).]

Originally posted by Knestis:
    ...The powers-that-be will use the "no guarantee of competitiveness" and/or "no competition adjustment" hammer on you if you give it to them to hit you with.
    O.K. I'm coming in late and this has probably been beat to death before, but...

How can the concept of "No Competition Adjustment" exist in the same rules structure with different minimum weights for each type of car? Different weights for different cars is nothing but a competition adjustment. I'm puzzled.

[This message has been edited by Geezer (edited November 20, 2002).]

"Competition adjustment" means a very particular thing in the context of SCCA club racing - as the process is applied to the Production classes, for example.

Generally speaking, when a car is too fast or too slow (as demonstrated on the track, typically at high-profile events like the SCCA RunOffs), it gets bigger or smaller venturis, more or less weight, or some other "adjustment" to the "competition".

Kirk

Scott email me [email protected] and I send a letter to Topeka. My guess is the Integra is about 180 lbs heavy. But, I'd be happy if they took off 100 lbs. Or added 100lbs to the E36.
    Jay Frye

Originally posted by spsspeed:
    First off, if Rob ever thinks he is driving my car again he is crazy.

As far as the weight of the GSR this is what I have been able to put together and will send to the Comp Board.

First just looking at all the Hondas in ITS:

1992 Honda Prelude Si

NADA Weight=2866 ITCS Weight = 2715

Difference = (-) 151

1994 Honda Del Sol VTEC

NADA Weight=2491 ITCS Weight = 2360

Difference = (-) 131

1994 Integra GSR

NADA Weight=2667 ITCS Weight=2690

Difference (+) 23

Anyone see a difference there. Now look at the E36 BMW

NADA Weight=3020 ITCS Weight=2850

Difference = (-)170

James Clay who could probably verify the manufacurers listed weight, is that correct?

But all the GSR owners need to start a letter writing compaign to the comp board since the GSR is being singled out with added weight and there must not be a consistent formula being used to determine the ITCS min. weight.

The ITCS weights are suppose to be calculated based on a un-biased method and in the case of the GSR it has been singled out and weighted down.

Scott Seck
    #38 ITS GSR

For all those individuals looking to build their own Integra GSR,,,you can not build one for less than what we are selling our GSR and be able to win right away.

The two sister Acuras from this stable of three have had great success in 2002.

Alex Ratcliffe beat many Type Rs in HC with his GSR from us....
    and
    Paul Dubinsky won an ECR event overall in ITS in his GSR from us....

Here are the full details:

ITS ACURA INTEGRA - Fastest GSR in the Country. Has only had 10 Pro Races: 1 Victory and 4 Podiums. Watkins Glen- 2:17, Mugen Shocks, 4-1 Header, Full Cage, $22,500 Contact: Will Nonnamaker (330) 497-4484 ext 23 or [email protected]

Includes: Mugen Differential * 4-1 King Motorsports Header & Straight pipe exhaust * AEM cam gears * Fluidyne Radiator * Oil Cooler * Brake Ducts * Screened radiator shield * Seatbelts * Race Seat * Auto Meter Water Temp, Oil Temp and Oil Pressure Gauges. * Set of 6 Volk lightweight wheels (9 pounds) with 225-45-15 Hoosiers, * Hawk Brakes front and rear * Comptech Brake Lines * Comptech Spark Plug cover * Comptech Battery tie down bracket * Removable Wheel Spacers * Extra long Wheel Studs * AEM Fuel Pressure Regulator * Mugen Rear Swaybar * Comptech Rear Swaybar Mount Brace. * Comptech Front Strut Tower Brace * AEM Long Air Tube, with reflective wrap * Full Welded Rollcage, with NASCAR style Driver's side door bars, and rollbar padding * Energy Suspension Bushings * Mugen Suspension Camber Links front and rear * Fire Suppression System. * Accusump System with Aeroquip hose and fittings. * Drybrake Refuling System with discriminator valve. * Mugen single Adjustable Shocks, front and rear. * Eibach springs * Lightweight Battery. * Camera Mount on roll cage * Momo Steering Wheel with Mugen adapter/extender * Front and rear tow hooks * Radio wiring harness, with push button on steering wheel * Wide angle rear view mirror * Hood pins * Metal plate in place of glass sunroof