Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: '92-'95 ITC Civic

Default '92-'95 ITC Civic

I've been told that the '92-'95 Honda Civic CX has been classified in ITC. Is this true? I've been looking through my FastTracks from this year but can only find about half of them. Does anyone know where I can find this? Any idea on the minimum weight?

I certainly like the idea of power steering, port fuel injection, shock/spring suspension all the way around, and some more wheelbase - all of which my '85 does not have.

Thanks!

------------------
    Kevin
    R2 Racing
    ITC Civic
    ITS Prelude

I'll start looking in my back issues also. That would be a whopper of a change, I petitioned the 92-95 Civic for IT. The Comp board put it into ITA. It sounds like a mistake if it went into ITC.

------------------
    http://www.ita.hondapowered.com

I looked from April to December 02 and saw nothing about it. Oh well I never got excited about it.

------------------

[unofficial information] I remember the Civic EX being in ITS, and the DX in ITA. Were the CX/VX classed? I would think introducing that car to ITC might be a bit much. Of course, I don't think it could compete with the Volvos in ITB, either!

-T

From March '02 FasTrack

ITC
    1. Classify Honda Civic CX (3-door H(92-95) w/ following specs: "Engine Type: 4 Cyl SOHC, Bore/Stroke (mm)/Displ.(cc): 75/84.5/1493, Valves(I/E)(mm): 29.0/25.0, Comp. Ratio: 9.1, Wheelbase (mm): 2570, Wheel Dia.(in): 13, Gear Ratios: 3.25, 1.76, 1.07, 0.85, 0.70, Brakes Std. (F/R)(mm): 240x21 Vented Disc/180 Drum, Weight (lbs):

(Bold added for emphasis)

Kirk

So the real question is... will the better cylinder head & TB fuel injection from this late model Civic make up for the 215lb more weight than a earlier vintage Civic/CRX??

Possibly. It should have more top end than the earlier cars. Probably has a better suspension. Gearing splits for 3rd/4th/5th look pretty good if you can get a decent F.D. 1st & 2nd will probably be too low to be any good with a decent F.D.

Brakes? Looks to be slightly bigger but with more weight, who knows.

Could be a good car. Only potential problem is lack of developement??

[This message has been edited by Greg Gauper (edited November 19, 2002).]

opps my mistake, I was thinking DX (my car) when the original post read CX.

Thanks for the info Knestis! Somehow I knew that you would have it.

Gauper, yes, I think the car will be fast. I already see many advantages that it has over the '85 Civic regardless of the extra 215lbs. Heck, you know that I was giving you around that much weight this summer, well maybe not that much...

Just the fact that it's wheelbase is 7.6" longer, it's 3" wider, 2" shorter, has fuel injection (no coughing and throttle response - thank the lord!), can put coil-overs all the way around, and has power steering is making me look hard at it. It's down on hp (70 @ 5000rpm vs. 76 @ 6000rpm) but it's up on torque (91 @ 2000rpm vs. 84 @ 3500rpm). Interesting how the rpm's are significantly lower too.

edit: spelling is easy...

------------------
    Kevin
    R2 Racing
    ITC Civic
    ITS Prelude

[This message has been edited by R2 Racing (edited November 19, 2002).]

oh god, now you guys got me thinking into building a new EG hatch... those things have go to be pretty cheap nowadays.

Originally posted by R2 Racing:
    Somehow I knew that you would have it. ...
    Well, it is on my list of back-up options, if I don't go the IT2 EX route...

Kirk

Just joined-

92-95 Civics is anyone out there racing one yet in ITC? What about the DX model in ITA. Looking at the rules, seems the DX model is on the heavy side compared to the CRXs Any thoughts?

I race a DX. Next year I'll race it again. In the future, maybe I'll go with a CX.

------------------

Originally posted by greg_umbay:
    I race a DX. Next year I'll race it again. In the future, maybe I'll go with a CX.

How did the DX do compared to other cars. Did you have to add weight to be legal?

I may not be able give good answers to you becasue I am the probelem with the car. I am slow. No excuses.
    What I do know is the car is quite forgiving when it comes to small mistakes. With my set up, I feel confident in tight and twisty turns. High speed 4th gear sweepers make me nervous. I think I need to play with the toe settings.

The car has not been prepped to max IT specs. Things such as port matching, blue printing, LSD, and all of the real big money items. I run on the original engine with 90k miles and original tranny. I have some time and I am not in a rush to pour money into it. Well if I had the spare cash then I would do all of the IT things to the car. So for now, I have fun trying to sort out the car. There is another guy with an EG hatch in the PAcNW, we exchange emails and ideas.

How does it comepare to other cars?

Maybe this year I can get one of my friends to swap cars on a test day and we can see how the lap times compare between me and a more experienced driver.
    If your are going to work on an EG, I'll be glad to offer any opinions and exchange ideas with you. The more people more experience to share.

------------------

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Did you have to add weight to be legal?[/B]</font>
    I think I still have more weight to reduce from the car. No added weight yet. Hmmm, reduce weight past spec and then add ballast, gotta go and chek the GCR.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> ... reduce weight past spec and then add ballast, gotta go and chek the GCR.</font>
    How 'bout, "reduce weight past spec and then add tubes to the rollcage...?

Kirk

That might be a good idea also. I was thinking of trying to move weight into the rear to try and compensate for the heavy front end and driver.

Gee, Kirk, the right rear of MY civic is going to weight a TON!

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I've got a solution worked out to put high performance shocks (yes, shocks) on the EG Civic's suspension. I'll share when the rear bottom mounts are fabbed and I can get a camera...

I'm very curious about the ITA/C route, especially if anything happens to the current car. (Knock wood!)

-Tom

I'm the other guy developing a DX for ITA. When I was car shopping (after the accident with my last track car), I was looking for either a DX or CX to race full time. I found a decent DX and jumped at it. I'm currently a few pounds under weight, but after the holiday food, we'll be square again. I spent the summer prepping it and have about 5 track days on the car sorting out the brakes and suspension. The new motor and tranny go in soon.

At this point, I really don't know what the "car to have" is, but I do hear a lot about the CRX's. Currently, I only hold a Solo-I license, but I already took the first round of drivers-ed and will enter my first Novice race this spring. The EG chasis has a wonderful suspension and it seems parts are everywhere for it.

------------------
    1994 Civic DX - ITA #93

Originally posted by johng:
    I'm the other guy developing a DX for ITA. When I was car shopping (after the accident with my last track car), I was looking for either a DX or CX to race full time. I found a decent DX and jumped at it. I'm currently a few pounds under weight, but after the holiday food, we'll be square again. I spent the summer prepping it and have about 5 track days on the car sorting out the brakes and suspension. The new motor and tranny go in soon.

At this point, I really don't know what the "car to have" is, but I do hear a lot about the CRX's. Currently, I only hold a Solo-I license, but I already took the first round of drivers-ed and will enter my first Novice race this spring. The EG chasis has a wonderful suspension and it seems parts are everywhere for it.

Glad to hear there are folks out there racing one of these cars. I have a 93 DX that has about 9 track time events on it and am looking to make it a full time race car. Car has springs/shocks/sway bars/bushings on it and stock drive train and I am still a long way from ITA lap times at Heartland Park, Topeka. Mine is a blast to drive. Keep me posted on your progress