Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: '92-'95 ITC Civic

If the IT2/MT2 thing falls flat, my next project will be "DX Cup", for any 1992 or newer DX - coupe, HB, or 4-door - running at a reasonable weight. Establish a kit of parts, define sources, set prices, and go racing.

The real question becomes what the claiming price should be.

Kirk

Originally posted by Knestis:
    From March '02 FasTrack

ITC
    1. Classify Honda Civic CX (3-door H(92-95) w/ following specs: "Engine Type: 4 Cyl SOHC, Bore/Stroke (mm)/Displ.(cc): 75/84.5/1493, Valves(I/E)(mm): 29.0/25.0, Comp. Ratio: 9.1, Wheelbase (mm): 2570, Wheel Dia.(in): 13, Gear Ratios: 3.25, 1.76, 1.07, 0.85, 0.70, Brakes Std. (F/R)(mm): 240x21 Vented Disc/180 Drum, Weight (lbs):

(Bold added for emphasis)

Kirk

What does the 88-91 Civic Std HB 4sp have to weigh in ITC? GCR is still packd away from the move.

I'd like to point out that a topic that I started has a "flamming file" in front of it. Woohoo, first one! I'm so proud.

It looks like the '92-'95 ITC Civic plan is starting to get up and run for R2 Racing. I'm still doing some research but have started to look at some possible chassis for sale.

------------------
    Kevin
    R2 Racing
    ITC Civic
    ITS Prelude

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">What does the 88-91 Civic Std HB 4sp have to weigh in ITC? GCR is still packd away from the move.</font>
    2140# is all.

K

A CX should have distinct aero advantages as well. Just another thought.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Could be a good car. Only potential problem is lack of developement??</font>
    You might be surprised. Most of the suspension components from 94-01 Integras will bolt right up to a 92-95 Civic, so there's scads of pimpy shocks and swaybars right there. Also, the same stuff that these hybrid (Honda Challenge H1) guys are using should apply to an ITC car. It'll just be slower.

Not sure on things like differentials, final drives, and the like though. If the engines are a decendant of the ubiquitous D16 like came in the CRXen...maybe this problem is solved too?

Me and a fellow ECHC driver have been kicking this very idea around. But this time I'm gonna wait and see how it works out for someone else before I spend the money.

On paper it looks to have similar performance to the '88 - '91 model with the advantage of 5 speed instead of 4 speed.

Hopefully it isn't too good of a car or else the Comp board will change their mind after people have built the car and bump it up to ITB because of too much performance potential, ala the Accord fiasco.

Originally posted by Greg Gauper:
    On paper it looks to have similar performance to the '88 - '91 model with the advantage of 5 speed instead of 4 speed.

Hopefully it isn't too good of a car or else the Comp board will change their mind after people have built the car and bump it up to ITB because of too much performance potential, ala the Accord fiasco.
    The 5sp versus 4sp thing with only a 30# difference is what I'm concerned about.

When I saw this car classified I considered running one. Does someone offer a header for the CX motor?

No CX specific header that I know of, but the block is another derivative of the ubiquitous D-series, so DX headers might fit. It is a different head, so I'm not sure about that.

Dave @ SMSP can make you a header for your CX. He has made quite a few D-series headers for IT use. He got his start building headers for his own D-series powered GT4 race car. Shoot him an email about it at [email protected]

Chris B