Thread: Sunroof fill kit, wiper cap

Default Sunroof fill kit, wiper cap

Does anyone know where I can get a sunroof fill kit for my 88 CRX si, I have seen them before but don't know where to look for one. Also the wiper cap for removal of the rear windshield wiper.

Thanks

The only kits I have seen are either made of fiberglass or carbon fiber, neither being legal for IT. The closest thing to a IT legal "kit" would be an HF roof and a little spot welding. Otherwise, most end up riveting or welding at 24ish gauge piece of sheet metal (or was it 22, or 26? I can't remember).

As for the rear wiper, I don't believe you can remove that.

------------------
    '88 CRX Si - ITA/PS2 road racer: Handles like it's on jack stands
    '98 ITR #0231 - DS autocrosser: Handles like I sold it
    '02 Jeep Grand Cherokee - daily driver/tow vehicle: Handles like a jumping castle

I just made a page of my roof install
    http://www.want2race.net/racecar/howto/roof.htm

~Jonathan

------------------
    1989 CRX Si
    "Budget under cover"

The sunroof can be dealt with in one of 3 ways according to the GCR. I chose to reskin with a DX panel as they are still available from Honda. If you do this you will want to take all of the sunroof components out (I left the switch on the dash) and the wiring may also be removed. The other options are the welded or riveted panel or you can put straps on.
    As to your question about the rear wiper motor-NO. All CRX Si's of the 88-91 vintage came with it. Would be nice to remove the parts-but it is considered by some to be "rules creep."

------------------
    '89 CRX Si-SCCA ITA
    '96 Civic HB Just cruising daily
    '99 Prelude=a sweet song in motion