Thread: Side Draft Carb for 1st Gen CRX Si

Default Side Draft Carb for 1st Gen CRX Si

I am looking to replace my fuel injection with a set of either Mikuni or Weber side draft carbs.

Does anyone have any experience with this set-up and any recommnedations for cam/valve combinations to work with it?

Many thanks for any help,

Scott

Your not going to find anything here since them mods don't fit the ITC rulebook although i'm sure somebody knows.

I know a few things about dual Webers.

If you cannot significantly increase the compression as well as the lift and duration of the cam, make certain you do not oversize. Stick with a 40 DCOE rather than a 45 or larger. Stay fairly modest with the venturi sizing too!

I'm sure all this will work, but it will take a while to get the jetting correct if you are not able to procure a good starting point "kit".

Common mistakes with DCOE set-ups is the idle circuit jetting. Even if it is a full-blown dedicated race car, make sure that circuit is functioning properly with the correct jets.

Find a good book on Webers and read it. There are many.

I had an IDF (double down drafts) on my Ice Racer and they were quite tractable, but always required mixture fiddling.

On a Lotus 7 we put my DCOE's on and that is where we discovered the idle circuit issues.

Cheers.