Thread: 2G Integra HP Differences

Default 2G Integra HP Differences

Where are does the extra 10HP come from on teh 93 2G integras? They when from 130 to 140. I can't seem to figure out how they got it. TIA.

------------------
    Ron Artinger

I heard it was in the cams, but take that as no confirmation.

(enable best-guess mode)

It could also come from fuel/ignition mapping. I understand that different years of CRX (within one spec line in the ITCS even) had different rev limits and maps, so it wouldn't be hard to imagine Honda doing the same with the Intregras.

K

Slightly better head, very much better intake manifold, plus I wouldn't be suprised if pistons/cams are slightly different as well.

Basically tuned for a little more power at high revs. A stock B18A (90-91) feels very torquey, a B18B (92-93) is a little revvier.

Jon

The 90-93 engines name code is B18A1, The B18B1 is the code for the 94+ integras with the round headlights and those are 142 HP.The 10 more HP for the 92-93 integras comes from better fuel maps and .5 mm more lift at the valve. and yes the 92-93 does rev strong on top end it also has 3more tourge from the 90-91 model. so basically the 92-93 integra is better to have for IT class.

ITA Integra