I haven't been on this board in while, mainly becuase my project has been way behind schedule due to my cage builder (no comment).

At any rate, the day has finally come and I will be picking the car up tonight. The balance of this week will be comprised of late nights at the garage trying to get enough of the car ready for a lapping day at Gingerman on the 24th. Outside of having a cage and a gutted interior, the car is pretty much stock.

My driver's school is at Blackhawk August 9-11. I have one lapping day and 5 autocross events before school. My goal is to use those events as "testing" to get things sorted.

Along those lines... The car is a very clean '86 with approx. 200,000 miles. I have replaced the timing belt, water pump, cap, rotor, plugs, wires, tie rod ends, clutch, thermostat... pretty much all of the basic maintenance items. The motor is suprisingly strong given that it does not have any internal work or bolt-ons.

The suspension is "mild" with 23mm torsion bars and 250# rear coil overs... Tokico 5-ways all around. I also have an adjustable rear sway bar. Inside is a Corbeau Forza and a Momo wheel.

I have more time than money at this point. In preparation for driver's school do you all see any "must haves". My goal is not to be competitive this year, just to get the license and start down the path of sorting things out.

Just a quick list of other things that have already been taken care of:
-window net
-extinguisher
-fuel sampling
-wheels/tires (well not quite yet)
-exhaust
-kill switch

What am I missing? Any abolsute must haves?(camber plates, panhard bar, guages?) Where do I obtain a log book? What about the required graphics?

Many thanks... I'm sure I'll be picking many a brain over the next month - especially you Bob

Clayton - who will finish with some pics of the cage.