Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm looking for cheap wheels

The ITCS line for the '85 - '87 CRX Si says that 13" or 14" is OK, and it's easier to get a 13x7 to fit than a 14x7 on the 1st gens (plus the gearing change doesn't hurt). I believe it would also be covered under the update/backdate allowance - '85 - '87 had the same body and engine... The 2nd generation Si can only use 14" for ITA.

Dave - what year CRX are you driving?

-noam

I stand corrected. Here in Canada, the only 1st gen CRX Si's to show up were the 86 and 87 models all with 14" wheels. You folks in the US apparently had an earlier model.

I had to confirm it by looking thru two shop manuals. The '85 was the only year for 13" rims. These are the only 13" aluminum wheels the factory ever made and so they are very rare. Page 32 of the ITCS lists 13" and 14" rims.

Suprisingly, all 1st generation Civic Si's came with 13" steel wheels only. Too bad they didn't raid the parts bin when they were building them.

Another option that I haven't seen metioned is Volk TE-37s. I think they are available in a 14X6.5 and are very light. They look pretty racy too. I think they are about 250-300 a wheel.

------------------
    Ron Artinger

TE-37's are available in your choice of white or bronze (current offering in USA) at Ultra Performance for about $250/per + shipping. They are very light and will work well in a 14". I asked about them in silver and they can be had.
    The other alternatives are also very good and there is the Rage Enduro 2 14 pounds to add to the mix.

------------------

nlevine,... I'm driving a 90 Si. So it looks like 14's are good for IT and it looks like I can use 13, 14, or 15s in the CSP class for autocrossing.

Thanks for everyone's input!

-dave