Thread: Tire Sizes for '92-'95 Civics

Default Tire Sizes for '92-'95 Civics

Anyone out there finding clearance problems with a 225/50 R14 on a 7" rim? I'm about to order tires, and just remembering that the rice boys with lowered cars sometimes get rubbing with 205/40 R16 on a 7" rim. I don't know how low they're going, so any experiences to relate? I'm thinking it'll be okay with rolled fender lips, but just don't know for sure.

Oh, and I was thinking of the Kumhos. I know the Hoosiers tend to run a little wider for a given width...

-Tom

[This message has been edited by il8apex (edited May 09, 2002).]

The closest I can help you out with is my example of 205/50/15 street tires. I had rubbing of the inner plastic fender well material. The plastic rubbed off and separated enough to not rub anymore. It's a really small tear in the plastic. No metal to tire rub.

Try asking at www.Honda-tech.com and ask the style guys the question.

Or try www.civichatchback.com to ask the street civic guys and gals the same question. The www.civichatchback.com is mostly street style Civic stuff. But they are the ones who go for the 235/40/18 (exaggeration).

Greg

------------------
    http://www.ita.hondapowered.com

Apparently the 225 Kumho (New Ecsta) is a pretty wide tire.

I can't comment on the size when fitted to that year Civic, but you haven't mentioned what your wheel offset is, so I don't know if anyone will be able to help.

Jon

I'll be running a 14"x7" Panasport with 38mm offset and am deciding between 225/50R14 Kumho V700s or 205/55R14 Hoosiers.

-Tom

I've got 205/55-14 V700's with 14x7 23mm offset(pana's), on a CRX. It would be pretty tight to run 225's on my car, but I think you'll be OK, given the extra offset.

Jon

John- Are you talking about the 205/55 14 Victoracers? I can only find the Victoracer in that size... I'd like to use the Ecsta V700. Sort of wishful thinking!

-T

[This message has been edited by il8apex (edited May 09, 2002).]

Yes, Victoracers, The older style. I believe there is a lot of confusion, they are both V700's!!

You are right about the size, too. N/A in the Victoracers.

Jon