Thread: Window Net

Default Window Net

My 90 CRX has a terrible window net arrangement. The door bar is too low to connect to, so I have this hokie spring rod in the bottom, and the net is attached to the top of the bar. It is always a problem getting attached and falls on me when getting out. Does anyboy have a suggestion for a better window net arrangement. I thought of having long straps that attach to the bottom of the net and the door bar, that will let the net attach/detach from the top, but I don't think straps on the window net are safe/legal.

Any ideas would be great.

http://www.sbmsinc.com/photos.html
    Thanks
    Tom Blaney

Here's an idea for what to do. The bars are both spring loaded, and slip onto pegs that are welded onto the cage.
    Haven't had any problems with it coming off, or falling on me, or anything like that. It's pretty solid.
    And yes, those bars are lightweight mugen racing curtain rods

Hi Tom, you should add another door bar and make the window net drop down, weld a seat belt buckle to top bar, call me 914-669-9679 days, I can tell you where you can get a nice kit to do this.Nice sunroof deflector is that fo added downforce for the upphill @lrp.

Tom--The best solution is to get a custom net made. That is exactly what I did.

They are only about $10 to $15 more than the standard size.

Look up M&R on the internet and give them a call. They will make up any size to your dimensions--including the mesh style!

Just measure correctly.

Cheers.

These guy's look like they might be the solution. Do you run a mesh net. If so how is it compared to the old style. I have always had the 1" style, and got use to looking (or most time not looking) throught the weave.

Anthony:

That's not a picture of my car, although it is a nice car, I don't have a wind deflector. I refer you to the weblink in my first post.

Is it true that you are sniffing out ITA with an Acura?

Tom

Originally posted by Tom Blaney:
    Anthony:

That's not a picture of my car, although it is a nice car, I don't have a wind deflector. I refer you to the weblink in my first post.

Is it true that you are sniffing out ITA with an Acura?

Tom

Hi Tom, I here you might be in the area on Saturday, stop by and see me after you go to Ed's to pick up wheels. I'm helping Canton racing products with there new baffled oil pans for Honda's.I have a CRX one you can look at, it should work real well because its for road racing not drag.And the rumor might be true about ITA , I can't stand watching you guys have all the fun anymore! It should be a good season this year, there should be alot of strong competition, which could bring some great racing.

Tom--I run mesh--NO PROBLEM. It doesn't block any vision.

In my opinion, I don't like and/or recommend the mesh type window net. If any of you have had a wild ride end-for-end, there is a lot of stuff flying around and it can be quite violent. I think the mesh type is probably OK for keeping your arms in the car, but I think heavy objects could go right through it. I'll sacrifice a little less vision for the safety of the ribbon type net any day.